News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil filter, what to get?

Started by Aeschere, April 27, 2016, 09:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeschere

Hello,

This might be a bit of nitpicking but I am wondering what oil filter you are using when you change the oil? Do you use an original Triumph filter (This is the one right? http://static.triumphparts.nl/Files/2/26000/26761/ProductPhotos/Large/155055401.jpg) or do you use a replica (K&N, Champion, HiFlow)?
I my old XJ I just used whatever was available, wether it was a K&N, Champion or Yamaha filter. If it fitted I was fine with it.

Since I need to change the filter and gaskets soon (leaky oil filter gaskets are probably the reason why the lower part of the engine is wet and sticky) and since I tend to keep this bike around for some time I might as well start with getting myself some proper gear instead of focussing on the budget stuff.

Thanks in advance!

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

GavD

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Mustang

Quote from: Aeschere on April 27, 2016, 09:41:09 PM
Hello,

This might be a bit of nitpicking but I am wondering what oil filter you are using when you change the oil? Do you use an original Triumph filter (This is the one right? http://static.triumphparts.nl/Files/2/26000/26761/ProductPhotos/Large/155055401.jpg) or do you use a replica (K&N, Champion, HiFlow)?
I my old XJ I just used whatever was available, wether it was a K&N, Champion or Yamaha filter. If it fitted I was fine with it.

Since I need to change the filter and gaskets soon (leaky oil filter gaskets are probably the reason why the lower part of the engine is wet and sticky) and since I tend to keep this bike around for some time I might as well start with getting myself some proper gear instead of focussing on the budget stuff.

Thanks in advance!
they are all the same  :nod some just cost more .................sometimes the orings don't fit good on the cheaper filters is all .

threepot

Kawasaki normally cheaper than Triumph OEM. HF401
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on April 27, 2016, 11:04:10 PM
Kawasaki normally cheaper than Triumph OEM.

And some Yamaha ones cross reference too.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"