News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Out of winter storage 2016

Started by ssevy, May 04, 2016, 01:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

My Tiger finally started after about 4 seconds of cranking, but to be fair, it had last been started on December 26 when I put it away, so I was okay with that :icon_wink:
I did a short (210 miles :icon_wink:) ride to properly run in the new brake pads and rotors, as well as scrub in the new Shinkos. The bike ran flawlessly, and is nearly ready for summer touring. I do have just one more farkle to install, a Clearwater voltage monitor (http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/clearwater-voltage-sentry/), just to help keep an eye on my charging system when I plug in my heated gear. Going to remove the tank to do the install, so just running a bit more fuel out of the tank first.
Here's a list of what I did to the bike this winter:
1- Sealed the rims to go tubeless
2- Installed new wave rotors and Carbone Lorraine pads on front
3- New chain and sprockets
4- Scottoiler
5- New Shinko 705's
6- Rebuilt brake calipers and installed new seals

Seems like there was something else, but I can't remember :icon_redface:

The new Shinkos with all of that new tread do send some vibes through the grips, but the bike seems to turn in more quickly now; maybe losing the tubes? I am going to check the air pressure frequently to be sure my sealing job worked okay, but other than that, I am ready to roll for the season!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

come get 4 more ready ........................ :icon_lol:

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ssevy

Quote from: Mustang on May 04, 2016, 01:16:09 PM
come get 4 more ready ........................ :icon_lol:

That would be like doing "paint-by-numbers" in front of fookin' Rembrandt!
(Always happy to hold your wrenches for you though:) )

JayDub

Quote from: ssevy on May 04, 2016, 01:08:47 PM
Seems like there was something else, but I can't remember :icon_redface:
Chain rubbing strip?  :augie

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Yes, check tyre pressure very regularly!!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

ssevy

Quote from: JayDub on May 04, 2016, 02:45:18 PM
Chain rubbing strip?  :augie

That's it!
I knew I was forgetting something ( now where are my damn pants?)

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint