News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

low fuel light

Started by marko, June 03, 2005, 01:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marko

How much fuel is left in the tank when the fuel warning light comes on?I have an 05' and ran it to the warning light,I stopped shortly and filled up and only added five gallons.
\"Get on your bad motor scooter and ride\"

kiwitiger

I think they vary a lot. A few of my cobbers have sprints and theirs vary shit loads.  On miy tiger my light comes on at 19 litres  gone (ie 5 left). This is generally around the 225 mile mark when not beig pushed. Yours sounds about right.

Quote from: "kiwitiger"I think they vary a lot.

I disagree. All (and I mean ALL 6) of the other Tigers I know of all have their light come on at 18 litres gone. Leaving 4.5 usable left. That's about 50 miles.

NOTE :- you'll never get all 24 litres out.

wdkng_24

the fuel light turns on on my '04 with 5 gallons gone ... i'd convert it to liters, but it wouldn't mean a lot to me ...   8)

barjan

Quote from: "Blacktiger"NOTE :- you'll never get all 24 litres out.

That's an important notice....

The fuell light always comes on at around 20 liters (by the book), but I never tried to emty it. In your equation, it only leaves 2,5 l for reserve.

Good thing to know.

Quote from: "barjan"
Quote from: "Blacktiger"NOTE :- you'll never get all 24 litres out.

That's an important notice....

The fuell light always comes on at around 20 liters (by the book), but I never tried to emty it. In your equation, it only leaves 2,5 l for reserve.

Good thing to know.

I'm going by all the other tigers I know. They all get the light coming on at 18 litres gone. Which is 4 (UK) gallons. My book says :-

"The low fuel indicator will illuminate when there are approximately 6 litres of fuel remaining in the tank"

Which, with a 24 litre tank is 18 litres gone and mine and all the others I know of do exactly that.

So If yours differs then it's a good thing to know YOUR bike and how far it will go. I know of people who have gone out with a fuel can strapped to the back seat, just to test the range of their reserve.  

NOTE :-

24 litres is :- 5.28 UK gallons (4.545 l/gall) & 6.34 US gallons (3.785l/gall)