News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Been missing for a while

Started by Spud, May 09, 2016, 10:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Not been around for a while because I have been on a search............ :mut

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquillity it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your own mind is changed. The test of the machine's always your own mind. There isn't any other test."

Read this whilst on a recent trip, had me thinking lot's. I have been looking for the perfect all round bike for a while now and just got more and more frustrated.   :mut

After reading the above I have made my mind up to keep what I have my 955i Tiger and give it a spruce up and refresh the suspension after all it's a decade old and keep the 350 as it's far better off road than I am it will take me where I want to go although I will need to adjust my sense of progress.

I then aim to spend the 10k I have put aside to sort the new bike out to now sort the Tigger and the rest will be wasted on doing some trips 

Mod's to the Tiger
a Wilber's rear shock
Serviced forks with a matched spring rate for my body weight
Touring screen
Chain and sprockets
and a bloody good service

then good to roll   :rrr

Mod's to the Dr 350
learn to ride it well.....   :wheel
small screen for bigger trips
Tubliss ?

Looks like a little trip north in July may well be on the cards, which will give me time to get over my trip to Nepal

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Nick Calne

Good to see you. And good decision.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on May 09, 2016, 02:28:21 PM
Good to see you. And good decision.

+1. You'll end up with a bike that pushes all the right buttons for the fraction of the price of a new (unknown) entity. And as you say, the left over spons will pay for a lot of petrol/toll roads/ferry rides/hotels/campsites.....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I just knew there'd be stories to tell :icon_study: looking forward to that  :wings
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

You're not getting off that easy  :nono even if I have to buy you a  :occasion14
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud