News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2003 955I Possibly running to rich

Started by Wilky, May 11, 2016, 12:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilky

Folks, what would change over time to cause engine to run to rich. Mainly when starting from cold after not having been for a couple of days.

I have no fault codes. I'm thinking either 02 sensor or stepper. Thoughts anyone. Runs TOR muffler and the modified map to suit.

cheers
Wilky
Traveling around Australia on an unlimited time frame with my beautiful wife Diana on our 03 Tigger.

orange99

2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport
2008 Yamaha XJR1300

JoeDirt

Quote from: Wilky on May 11, 2016, 12:47:13 PM
Folks, what would change over time to cause engine to run to rich. Mainly when starting from cold after not having been for a couple of days.

I have no fault codes. I'm thinking either 02 sensor or stepper. Thoughts anyone. Runs TOR muffler and the modified map to suit.

cheers
Wilky

When you say "rich"... does it smell like it has been flooded or it's rev'ing too high?

Do your symptoms go away after it is warmed-up?

SteveFord

Check the hoses that go onto the IACV and if the rubber ends have fallen apart, replace them with 7mm silicone vacuum lines.