News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The boss

Started by Geoff W, June 02, 2016, 10:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff W

Just returned from a trip to Glasgow to see the mighty Springsteen with the E Street Band in full flow at Hampden park. What joy it was to take two friends who had never been to Glasgow and never seen Springsteen live before to see such a show.
The classic, modern E Street Band on tour this time, no extra backing singers or horn section, and they produce a full powerful sound that fills a stadium and ignites an audience like no other band can manage.
I usually visit Glasgow in Winter, a great contrast this time with hot sun and blue skies, just a great little trip to  a great city to see a great band.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

GavD

Never been a big fan of the boss, think I bought Born in the USA in the 80's. I never made any effort to see him until he made the effort to come and see me at the IOW festival in 2012, and I have to admit he puts on a great show, and did a good 2hours, unlike some of the younger bands who don't seem to give a  :Topes if they entertain you or not.

Morrisey (I'm def not a fan of him) didn't even bother to turn up one year. The organisers had to get someone else in at short notice.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sin_Tiger

:iagree he's one of the less "precious" artists that still take pride in engaging their audiences, wouldn't have minded being there if I hadn't been somewhere else  :wheel

I particularly appreciate performers that make the effort to perform at smaller and more remote venues  :>< Glad you got goo weather for the trip and got to see the city in another light.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Recently started listening to him. Bought  Born to run,Greetings from Asbury Park, The Wild the Innocent...excellent albums! Wish I'd started listening to him years ago!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

HockleyBoy

Saw him with the original E Street Band on The River tour in about 1982 I think, wasn't a great fan before, I was afterwards. It was a brilliant show.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport