News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

England and the EU

Started by aeronca, June 24, 2016, 06:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

Is leaving the Eu a good deal or not?  As a yank I say good deal.  :new_popcornsmiley
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

GavD

Time will tell.

Truth is no-one knows for sure.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

JayDub

I have my concerns, as here in Wales we get (got) most of our funding from the EU... but its also what rights and other EU protection we could lose.  I agree with Gav, there is a lot of speculation as to what the future holds, but realistically - this situation has never occured before so no-one knows  :icon_eek:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Nick Calne

Wales gets most of its funding from England, not the EU. You're welcome btw!

Your right about not knowing though. No one has a clue.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

GavD

Crystal ball moment........

Boris running the UK, Donald the US

To quote Private Frazer ............... We're all dooooooomed!!!

I'm starting an independent Isle of Wight referendum :mut

JayDub

Quote from: Nick Calne on June 24, 2016, 09:15:23 PM
Wales gets most of its funding from England, not the EU. You're welcome btw!

Your right about not knowing though. No one has a clue.
err, OK... from EU via England  :icon_biggrin:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Bixxer Bob

I've been saddened by the number of young people using the term "Racist" today in the belief that everyone that voted "Out" did it because they hate immigrants. 

I have felt, more than once, the need to correct them, both on their assumption and use of the term. Their assumption demonstrates a total lack of awareness of the other issues involved or an understanding of the real meaning of the term but - and this is why I find it sad - it is useless to argue with them.

As an aside, I was also disappointed that when doing a VOXPOP the BBC - while focussing no those that voted out - only broadcast the views of those that stated imigration as the reason.  Were they leading opinion or was that really the only view they encountered.....

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

You are spot on. The whole thing has reavelled an astonishing level of ignorance all round.

Can. Not. Wait. For Northumberland and being away from it all.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ghulst

Quote from: Nick Calne on June 24, 2016, 10:21:29 PM
The whole thing has reavelled an astonishing level of ignorance all round.
I will second that.

I am not a Brit, I have a very clear opinion, but I'll stick to that.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on June 24, 2016, 10:21:29 PM
The whole thing has reavelled an astonishing level of ignorance all round.

Another +1 Keep coming North mate  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JoeDirt

Texas has always claimed the right to secede from the United States... we never really take them seriously. :icon_rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_secession_movements

We better keep an on eye on Texas. :icon_eek:

aeronca

Man, my 401k took a beating today. :cp  the news over here reports several other country's are looking hard at a vote as well - namely France. Stay the course! it will get better, after all, it worked out for us 240 years ago :ImaPoser

(Just kidding)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

GavD

And the Scots are aiming to get back in, if other big players leave, not sure that would be a good idea.

iansoady

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on June 24, 2016, 09:55:12 PM

As an aside, I was also disappointed that when doing a VOXPOP the BBC - while focussing no those that voted out - only broadcast the views of those that stated imigration as the reason.  Were they leading opinion or was that really the only view they encountered.....

I spent several hours on Thursday canvassing for a Remain vote. And I'm afraid that very many of the people who told me (often very rudely) that they were voting Out gave immigration as their principal reason.

What I find sad is that only 17 million people out of a population of almost 70 million voted out yet we all have to abide by their decision.

I agree that the whole campaign has been characterised by slogans and half truths. It is a complex subject and of course there are cogent arguments on both sides but no-one ever seems interested in nuance. The whole thing is only going to increase intolerance and division.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

:iagree  :><

Quote from: aeronca on June 24, 2016, 06:54:12 PM
England?

What about the other three constituent parts of the UK?

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint