News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

England and the EU

Started by aeronca, June 24, 2016, 06:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Well put, Spud. I watch the horror (and I use the word advisedly) of what is going on over there and shake my head.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

Quote from: nickjtc on September 04, 2016, 07:35:24 PM
Well put, Spud. I watch the horror (and I use the word advisedly) of what is going on over there and shake my head.
Brexit,immigration?? What in general?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

thebiglad

Here's one reason why Brexit will be bad for Britain, from this mornings BBC news:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37270372

Just saying...............................................................
2006 Tiger 955i

Bixxer Bob

Hot air; they are just mapping out their position in preparation for talks.  It's normal behaviour and nothing to be concerned about.  Everyone does a bit of sabre-rattling before talks and some go as far as threatening to take their ball away if they don't get what they want.  The UK Govt is not going to do anything that will upset the applecart and the Japanese are not stupid either; their UK plants are among the most efficient in the world.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

Will we be able to offer better incentives for companies to stay,or invest here,when we're out? I've heard that some are thinking of re-locating here?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Spud Murphy

We can offer our own trade deals when we are out of the EU, we can't negotiate a deal whilst in the EU as all dealing have to go through EU negotiators, the UK has not negotiated a deal for 44 years as I understand it.

We can be open for business has been said already  :thumbsup

it may cost us for a while but so be it, stop thinking this week or last week think this decade next decade,

amazes me how the remainers never see what actually happening in the EU  :icon_scratch:

cheers Spud  :thumbsup 
WTF am I doing ?

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on September 05, 2016, 12:05:29 AM
Brexit,immigration?? What in general?

Brexit does not really concern me as an individual because I live in a country which deals primarily with the US, and increasingly with the Far East. I make no secret of the fact that I did not want us to join the Common Market as it was then, and (totally unaware of the REAL facts of the matter) feel the same way now, only it's the European Union.

Horror, because I see the England I used to live in changing. I see places I used to live turning into run down ghettos where the residents have no interest in integrating into the society of the land they have chosen to call home. I am saddened by the violence which permeates western European society.

Why does the UK have the second highest national debt of any country in the world?(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt) Yes it was no bed of roses while I was growing up, but for the leaders of the country to let it spiral out of control is unforgivable, imho.

Enough of this.... let's talk about motorcycles!! :thumbsup

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickjtc on September 06, 2016, 06:19:29 PM
Enough of this.... let's talk about motorcycles!!

You can of course but this is the part of the forum for these exchanges.

Quote from: Spud Murphy on September 06, 2016, 08:59:40 AM
  the UK has not negotiated a deal for 44 years as I understand it.

amazes me how the remainers never see what actually happening in the EU  :icon_scratch:

I don't think many people outside of institutional politics does, whichever side of the debate they are on, or whichever part of the UK we live in. I believe we as a country have been sleep walking for years with respect to what our own elected and salaried from the public purse, MEP's have been doing, they certainly haven't been very up front, particular during the debate. I do wonder what all those thousands of individuals that will be out of a job come the actual event will be doing. I can't see then signing on or losing out like steel workers or any other productive person might do in the commercial world. Personally I'd like to see all politicians on zero hours contracts with performance based salaries.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud Murphy

Keith Vaz or (Vazaline) as he is now being called  :icon_redface:

Have a look at what the Polish Government are doing and saying re outside influences on their country and who is having to much influence and say in the EU affairs. The finance minister has said "Brexit has woken the EU up to other idea's that there is a life outside the EU"   :bug_eye

Looks like they are going to go head to head with the EU about new rules and regulations they are bring in re outside interference in their country

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n13xtmdc

cheers Spud  :thumbsup
WTF am I doing ?