News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

moto skivees

Started by lammy57, June 26, 2016, 04:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lammy57

Hi has anyone tried them looking at buying a pair but not sure looking for any feedback http://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk/brand-manufacturer/Moto-Skivees-Motorcycle%20pants
cheers
tiger 995i lambretta 1960 ser 2 ts1 240 lambretta 1957 model d ser 3

GavD

Not personally tried them, but my mate Mo got a pair as an anniversary present recently and has let it slip that he'll be wearing his 'special' pants on the meet next weekend. I'll let you know his thoughts next week.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

JayDub

:*&* I thought just ladies of a certain age wore 'special' pants.

GavD

Mo certainly needs some special pants of a different sort, he's a dad to be again at the ripe old age of 53ish!!!

nickjtc

Can't comment on that particular brand, but can comment that $25 bicycle shorts DO make a comfort difference on my 1050 Tiger. Maybe not up to custom seat comfort, but comfortable enough to complete a 12,000km trip and live to tell the tale.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Got a pair from Aldi, felt like I'd  :Topes myself wearing them.  :icon_eek:  Get what you pay for i guess....  :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

lammy57

cheers for the reply's my other problem is which one s do I buy as I will be using them on my lambretta too adventure ones or cruiser ones?

Sin_Tiger

I tried "DayLong", if I remembered the name correctly, can't say I noticed a perceptible difference, they certainly didn't dry as quickly as advertised even with the air con going.

I'd go for the adventure ones as the cruiser ones are likely to have more padding In rear which will tend to push you forward on flatter seats and become uncomfortable after a while.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

Mo's review of moto skivvies were average. He still had a numb arse after long miles and couldn't really say if it was less of a numb arse than if he wasn't wearing them. Save your 50 notes I think.

lammy57

Thanks for the reply I have the airhawk  on the tiger at the moment works ok still sore after a while ! I took it off and put it on my lambretta for a trip to cleethorps last weekend god was I sore!  300 mile trip home on the Sunday must be old age used to do it na problem . 

SRufo59

I have 2 pair. They do feel a bit funny when just walking around. Just about 2 weeks ago I rode 2,000 miles in 42 hours. I'm not going to say I wasn't sore at all, but I don't see how I would have been able to ride that long without them.