News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Motad or similar cans for a Steamer

Started by Sparky, July 07, 2016, 12:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

Anyone have a decent set of aftermarket slip on cans for a Steamer ?   :ear

I would like to try for a little more growl but don't want anything obnoxious.

Thanks
Chris
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

Sin_Tiger

I have these Renegade brand (used) stainless steel cans with link pipes in decent condition (no scrapes or dings). The only thing I can see wrong with them is the makers plate stencil has peeled a bit, depending on how you fit them they might not be visible. They have stand offs to fit the original heat sheilds if you so desire, those will need a bit of straightening. The cans are rebuildable with stud and nut on the inlet end plate.

These came to me as part of a spares bundle I bought, I've never fitted or used them so I can't vouch for how they sound or work with stock carbs. According to the PO, the bike ran fine with them with a little popping on the overrun and were quite loud but being rebuildable type you could fit a witches hat DB killer on the inlet end if you found them too loud. Roughly 1/4 of the weight of the stock cans and would pack quite small with the removable link pipes. Let me know if you're interested.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sparky

1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot