News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bit quiet round ere, but not anymore

Started by Timbox2, July 16, 2016, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

You must all be riding, I seem to be doing more cleaning and tinkering than riding these days. Just fitted a Denali Sound Bomb hooter, that OE thing was a joke.
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

I haven't been on because... I am in the middle of a move from NC to GA. :thumbsup

So, I have my aliby in place.

KuzzinKenny

Been nowhere !! seen nothin !!  :icon_sad:

so nowt to  :blah :blah about  :icon_sad:

:sleepy1

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nickjtc

No riding for me... still waiting for the replacement stator for the Roadie.

However, it IS a small world!

On Saturday I was in Strathmore, Alberta, which is about 650km from home, visiting the gal who sold me the '83 XL250R project bike, and to pick some more bits and pieces she had stashed away. There I was, minding my own business standing in a shopping mall car park when a red Steamer comes thundering up. Well, of course, I perked up a bit because I have NEVER seen another red one other than Stanley, the one I had. As it got closer I thought "'ang on a mo', that seat cover looks very familiar..." You guessed it, it was my old bike, last seen heading for points unknown, from Vernon, BC!!

The new owner had moved to southern Alberta from Fort McMurray in the north of the province and was in town running errands. He has re-converted the wheels back to non-tubeless, put on a higher screen (ugh, imho), and gone back to the stock instrument panel. He was in Florida pretty much at the same time as I was, on the bike. He, like me, is less-than-impressed with the mpg-age and muttered something about getting an 800. So if you see a '96 Steamer for sale in southern Alberta it will probably be Stanley.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"