News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fancy being part of a world record?

Started by mat-tiger1, July 16, 2016, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 04, 2016, 05:25:53 PM
Had a quiet ride home with not too much traffic but then a bit of fun in the last 7 miles.  I saw three sets of lights catching me fast just before the Swaffham roundabout. Front one looked like a 1050 Speed Triple.  I carried  a bit of speed into the roundabout but bearing in mind my new tyres hadn't been properly scrubbed so stayed wide on the left side in case he tried to duck under me and lay it over my front on the exit.  But he didn't so I thought, "Right then lets see what you've got"  he was going for it but couldn#t quite get on terms; the Explorer had the grunt up the hill to leave him behind.  It turned out he was going my way though and stopped alongside at the traffic lights in Swaffham.  He was laughing and shouted across, "I thought you were an 800, but when you fucked  off up the hill I realised it must be the 1200".   :*&*  He kept me honest all the way home although I wasn't pushing really hard.  AS I said, what a cracking day  :XXsunsmile

Bloody hooligan! :cp

Yep, as said above. Good to catch up with the Tiger crew and a really good weekend.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Niall with me just in front at 5.51.

The rest of you know where you were in relation to Niall I think.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: cbd on September 02, 2016, 02:00:49 PM
Anyone be heading down from yorkshire ?

I saw your Steamer but sadly missed you with it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 05, 2016, 01:35:06 PM

Just follow the smell from the Starbucks Express  :mut
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Yeah 5:47 sees Graeme with me just behind. Poor quality vid so it all a blur.

blacktiger

Unfortunately some people have published videos showing the massive gaps left by some after they'd made the turn at the top. Doh! :m

ghulst

Now that is what I call a turn out. :) Looks nice.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

mat-tiger1

That's me closest to the camera on my Xcx at 5:50!  :wave  :wings
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

PeteH

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

mat-tiger1

Hi guys,  :wave Look out for an e mail with latest information about the status of the record attempt in your e mailboxes. In the e mail there are various links to footage & photos taken on the day!  :icon_cool:
Here's a link to the drone footage from the event as a taster!  :thumbsup

2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

mat-tiger1

Still awaiting adjudication from Guinness on the attempt,  :icon_rolleyes: but I reckon this has to be amongst the best photos from the day!  :icon_biggrin:

mat-tiger1

We did it! :>< :thumbsup :wings

The organizers Staffordshire Triumph will be in touch shortly about how to get a personalized copy of the world record certificate.  :icon_cool:

Well done to all those who took part! :icon_salut:

John Stenhouse

Yay, I enjoyed it, was a good weekend with good mates, roll on the next bash.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

mat-tiger1

Hi Gents,  :wave A quick update for those who took part. You should have an e mail from Staffordshire Triumph (had mine on Thursday) detailing how to apply for a copy of your own personalised 'certificate of participation' from Guinness as a momentous of the event. :icon_cool:
The supplied link will take you to the Guinness online shop & it will guide you through the process of purchasing (if you want to) your very own Guinness world record certificate of participation.  :wings
Once again I'd like to thank you all for taking part not only in a little bit of history making but also helping to raise funds for such a worthwhile cause!  :thumbsup

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArlX01XTCm6AgupQkzSj7XhU3l8ZWA

nickjtc

Good for all you stalwart chaps who were able to attend. That'll show the HD crowd! :icon_lol: And in a good cause, too.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"