News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Crankshaft question

Started by brianthelion, September 26, 2016, 10:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianthelion

Hello all

I have a simple question regarding a crankshaft for my steamer.

Will one from a trophy 900 be the exact same?

I have pretty good faith that it is, but before I buy one I just wanted to err on the side of caution and get another take on it.

Many thanks in advance
Brian

Mustang

JoeDirt

Quote from: Mustang on September 26, 2016, 10:28:38 PM
:nod

Confirmed... Mustang is correct. Just don't look directly into his eyes. :icon_eek:

Make sure the donor is a (3) cylinder. They made Trophy's with 4's also.

brianthelion

Thank you Guys

I have bought a trophy crankshaft off the bay for 53 quid delivered, should be with me just in time for the weekend.  So it's time for engine off and split the casings.   :icon_eek:

I thought to share the reason why I need a new one.  The gear that turns the clutch outer drum has ground off quite a lot of its teeth.

Is this something that anyone has come across before?  Seems strange to have happened, I have a few theories why it did though.

The CCT was fully extended out on its final groove, spring was very squashed.  Also the camchain, when compared to a new one, was stretched over one whole link in length.

Is there anything anyone would seriously recommend me doing when the engine is apart?

Cheers
Brian