News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's been a good ten years...

Started by Cos, September 24, 2016, 09:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

...but it's finally time to retire the old girl. I would like nothing more than to pick up a second bike and keep her but as things stand i can't afford to do that.
So it's with a heavy heart that i have to let her go. Living in Cyprus, she's just a bit too big, a bit too much, and neither of us is getting any younger. To anyone who may ask me, i will still say that the 955 Tiger is one of the finest motorcycles to ever roll out of Hinkley, and probably the best engine i have ever had the pleasure to ride.
It's been fun you guys. Thanks for having me. I won't be going too far  :bad

Sin_Tiger

I can't imagine how I'll deal with the day when it comes for me, as come it must  :icon_cry:

You know where we are and if you're in the UK any time, there'll always be a sympathetic ear around  :icon_salut:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

See you Cos, you might be back like me, whos gonna get the Wilbers?
2016 Tiger Sport

Cos

I'm not leaving leaving as such.

My brother decided to sell his barely ridden 800 Roadie. I decided to buy it. So i'm sticking with a Triumph Tiger  :icon_mrgreen:

My mechanic expressed interest in buying the 955. If he does, the Wilbers goes to him. He's a good guy and he likes the bike.

If he doesn't, i'm thinking of yanking the Wilbers and selling it. Somebody should want it, right Tim?

Timbox2

Quote from: Cos on September 24, 2016, 08:07:16 PM
I'm not leaving leaving as such.

My brother decided to sell his barely ridden 800 Roadie. I decided to buy it. So i'm sticking with a Triumph Tiger  :icon_mrgreen:

My mechanic expressed interest in buying the 955. If he does, the Wilbers goes to him. He's a good guy and he likes the bike.

If he doesn't, i'm thinking of yanking the Wilbers and selling it. Somebody should want it, right Tim?

Fair enough, the 800 should be a fairly handy bike on Cyprus I would have thought. The Wilbers would sell easy Id have thought, though postage off the Island will be the killer as we found out 5 years ago
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

It comes to us all Cos;  I was buying an 800 a couple of months ago right up until the wife tried the pillion on an Explorer ... :icon_rolleyes:

Despite it's weight I love it though; it's revitalised me  :*&*
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Cos

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 25, 2016, 05:18:35 PM

Despite it's weight I love it though; it's revitalised me  :*&*

You're still talking about the bike, right?  :icon_lol:

I know what you mean though. And it's kinda funny...the 800 is by no means a small bike but compared to the 955 it feels absolutely minuscule.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 24, 2016, 11:17:27 AM
I can't imagine how I'll deal with the day when it comes for me, as come it must  :icon_cry:

Me neither, just hit 85k miles on the old girl but she went through her MOT on Saturday without any problem so hopefully we carry on for another year.

Cos,
Glad to hear you are carrying on with Tigers!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport