News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stickers

Started by nickjtc, August 04, 2016, 07:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

All right, I give in. Why do the fairing manufacturers for Triumphs put little stickers on the inside of the plastic bits on the bikes? Even to the point of painting over them. I noticed them under the seat cowl on my Thruxton, and here they are again inside the front side panels of the Roadie....???
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

They put them there for people who like to look behind panels and ask "Why do the fairing manufacturers for Triumphs put little stickers on the inside of the plastic bits on the bikes?"  :icon_biggrin:
:tin hat
Hi Nick!  :thumbsup
They're usually Q.C. labels and assembly info applied at each stage of production.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

JoeDirt

Most manufacturers put an inspection decal when they are done with their specific task. That way if final inspection finds something they know who to point the finger at... :nono

I think Triumph and their 1st tier suppliers do the same.

nickjtc

Ok. Makes sense. But isn't it cute that they use the stickers youngsters like to play with.....

JayDub

I suppose they realised that the owners are just big kids Nick  :icon_wink:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on August 08, 2016, 10:41:31 AM
I suppose they realised that the owners are just big kids Nick  :icon_wink:

Of course. That's why we like the nice shiny chrome handlebars :*&*