News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Track Temp Torture, or, Why I Am Not Going to Arkansas

Started by ridin gaijin, June 06, 2005, 11:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "holland1"What I was wondering: why did you think you had to use different coolant?  I 've never changed anything (besides springs/tires) and I let the cat work I can assure you

Hi Holland1, nice to meet you. We have to change the coolant to one that's easy to clean up, Just In Case. I used Kool-Aid (a brand name), there are a few others I could've used instead. A guy got thrown off the track the prior week for not having the right stuff.

Should know on the machine today/tomorrow--I'm having PJ's do its 6,000 mile maintenance early. Still wish I was going to Arkansas but I'll replace this trip with an even longer one later on.

Quote from: "Sasquatch"But, I have it down to about 2 minutes to remove the tank

Video please! :D
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

holland1

Hi Gaijin ( doesn't this mean "stranger"?)  

I understand is just regulations forcing you to replace it. Are there more regulations to track use?  Cans perhaps? In europe basically the bike should be streetlegal, only if you race you have to make more adjustments...

bye
gas is alles

ridin gaijin

Still not fixed!!

:evil:

PJ's reported it done on Saturday. 6,000 mile service complete--oil and filter OK--radiator completely flushed and refilled. Aaaaand...on the way back to Santa Fe it overheated again. Same as before, except this time I was able to pull over before the plug exploded again. I waited 10-15 min to cool it off and hit the highway again. It was on the verge of overheating once more by the time I pulled in to my driveway. A cell phone call to PJ from the highway confirmed his boys will pick it up on Tuesday and trailer it back down there.

Using my elite diagnostic skills, I have deduced that something is wrong with it.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

holland1

I don't know about PJ but I would imagine that a test run would have thought them the same thing..................... :roll:
gas is alles