News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

No. 1 cylinder rich?

Started by TR5TRIDER, October 03, 2016, 10:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Sooner or later one of us will just laser scan this component then start 3d printing them in two halves. I'd do it if I had more time.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

Quote from: London_Phil on October 06, 2016, 08:00:40 PM
How did you seal between the two edges of the cut?
I used some strong adhesive tape. But others on htoc claim there's no need to seal it,without any probs? My bike seems OK.
Triumph should have designed it that you could slide the 2 sections on,and then screwed at each end? :icon_rolleyes:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

You might be better off buying a new airbox as you'll get a new filter with it

Screw the cover onto a piece of wood after you mark where you want to make the cut, that'll stop it flexing as you cut. Use a sharp wood or tenon saw and a guide as if you're making amitre in a bit of wood. Some guys have used good quality duct tape and get good results.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

Another option might be the heated knife technique that I used to repair my tach on my other bike. I would draw some good straight lines where I intended to cut, and then do this slow and steady. Here's a link with some pictures, but I think you could do this with most any plastic component:

http://www.triumphrat.net/maintenance-tips-and-tricks-for-the-t3-classics/582738-repairing-fluttering-tachometer.html
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint