News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2017 Ride Plan

Started by nickjtc, October 17, 2016, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Now that Rhoda the Roadie is back in fine fettle (although off the road sleeping in the carport for the winter) I am starting to make plans for next year's trip. Probably July, to avoid the 'wet'.

After this years debacle with Rhoda leaving me stranded by the road side in northern California I feel the urge to return to the spot and finish the ride home. Ken, the good Samaritan who saved my bacon at that time, has invited me to go and stay with him and his wife any time I am in the vicinity so......

I do not have a commitment to go to Florida next year so the plan is to head across the Rockies to Alberta, then south through Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah and Arizona. Then west to LA to stay with my son and home north through Oregon and Washington.

I figure two weeks should be enough time. Anyone who wants to come along is welcome to join me.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Timbox2

Kin ell, if only. Im not envious :icon_salut:
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Quote from: nickjtc on October 17, 2016, 09:27:08 PM
I figure two weeks should be enough time. Anyone who wants to come along is welcome to join me

I might be able to rustle up a bike for said person to ride.......

JayDub

Quote from: nickjtc on October 20, 2016, 04:41:17 PM
I might be able to rustle up a bike for said person to ride.......
Not the GS750 Nick, surely?  :icon_wink:

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on October 20, 2016, 09:05:44 PM
Not the GS750 Nick, surely?  :icon_wink:

If it were to be that one I would be wanting to thrash it myself  :icon_wink:

bemusedinsojo

I'm in n. Utah. You are welcome to drop in and take a load off. Sleep in the guest room. Get a fantastic meal ( I smoke a mean brisket). Play with the dog. Then go on some back roads from SLC to S. Utah. A little freeway then back on back roads from s. Utah to n. Ariz. A spectacular ride. Lots of movies shot in the area (many obscure, The Car for one). Let's do it.

However, it is monsoon season in July in Az and Ut so there may be some gully washers but it will go away and the sun will be out again so no worries.

Don't worry about armed people here in general. Most packing heat are nice people (we could go to the desert and kill some cans!)

Let me know your plans as the time grows closer.
Lynn

nickjtc

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on December 23, 2016, 05:34:05 PM
I'm in n. Utah. You are welcome to drop in and take a load off.

Don't worry about armed people here in general.

Why thank you for that kind offer. I have never been particularly concerned about the prevalence of firearm ownership south of the border. As you say most people are law abiding. I make sure that I do nothing to piss people off  :icon_wink: I used to be a gunnery officer when I was an instructor with the air cadets back in England, so I've had my fair share of shooting off weapons.

Being in the depths of a snowy winter here at the moment I haven't given much thought to the trip. But noted that July might not be the best month....