News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2017 Meet

Started by threepot, November 15, 2016, 07:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on November 15, 2016, 09:51:50 PM
Our first international adventure!

Are you winding me up about the referendum again  :nono

Quote from: Nick Calne on November 15, 2016, 11:26:05 PM
...thinking about it, can we go somewhere dry and warm for a change?

I'm really not feeling the Luv here  :cp

Back OT
It's easy to forget that there are those who can't get enough time away from work / family / responsibilities for as long as a trip over the water (either side) needs and that also usually means a fair bit extra cost. Sometimes we just have date clashes, so two options is actually a pretty good idea. That does of course mean two organisational tasks which is not as easy as it looks as Geoff will tell you.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Can Scottish people go to warm and dry places? Do you need some kind of vaccination beforehand? :wave

How about picking a fairly central ride destination again to make sure everyone can go? Then a further afield destination for those who are both willing and able.

Easier to organise if it in the 'middle' somewhere as more people can contribute to it.  For example someone mentioned the Cotswolds. That would be easypeasy and several of the regular attendees could get to the area on recon missions. (Stenners, Ivor and I dont live that far from...) But other places that might be collectively convenient and are as yet unvisited by the team tigertriple raiding party might include: The Peak District, Malverns, East Anglia etc.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Nick Calne on November 18, 2016, 09:36:41 AM

How about picking a fairly central ride destination again to make sure everyone can go? Then a further afield destination for those who are both willing and able.

+1 :thumbsup

We did do a run around the Peaks back in 2010 Nick, (my 1st one in fact) but that was many moons ago!
Well worth a revisit though and we could even go back to that little ford that Bixxer loved so much!  :ImaPoser (I'm sure I could find that video out if persuaded! :augie)
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

JayDub

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on November 20, 2016, 11:24:10 AM(I'm sure I could find that video out if persuaded! :augie)
A pint at the next meet? :bad

Bixxer Bob

Yeh, that was the first meet.  I put it together but tried too hard to please everybody so was very much a learning exercise in the end. 

We did East Anglia a couple of years back because no-one else was up for running one that year.  Not many came but then again there's not much to see over here.  I think it was Ivor that said, "On the trip down;  I've never seen so many cabbages...."

I thought Stenhouse was running next year in the Cotswolds????

I had a chat with  sin about what I mentioned earlier and he's up for opening up the numbers so it's probably better to start a new threadwhich I'll do, although that doesn't mean I'm running it.

Our most experienced European traveller is Black Tiger assuming he doesn't decided to stay in South America now he's there.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Quote from: JayDub on November 20, 2016, 11:40:48 AM
A pint at the next meet? :bad

Oh, go on then, it'd be rude not to! :augie 

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

John Stenhouse

I'm game for running a Cotswold meet if anyone wants one. If its the same as the other years it will end up in July and I'm away from the 19th next year so it will be earlier.

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JayDub

:thumbsup Sounding good already Mr S  :icon_biggrin:

Nick Calne

If you need a wing man checking some routes out Stenners, then I'm around if you need me. :__

John Stenhouse

Excellent, theres some good hard surfaced off road to do. About two to three miles of that, some nice fords, which shouldn't be slippery.

There's a pub locally that used to have a camping field behind it, I'll check that out over the next couple of days, then it's just some nice roads and a tea and cake stop...........How hard can that be round here :^_^

threepot

Quote from: Nick Calne on November 24, 2016, 11:15:18 PM
If you need a wing man checking some routes out Stenners, then I'm around if you need me. :__
That's not fair Nick,you'll get to do it twice! :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

John Stenhouse

I will need help Nick, being blind for a fair proportion of the prep time after a cataract op will mean a route checker will be much appreciated

Nick Calne

Oh mate good luck with the op. And no probs.

John Stenhouse

The op isn't the problem it's the waiting time that's the problem