News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride to Europe 2017

Started by Bixxer Bob, November 21, 2016, 12:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

So,  some of us fancy a run to somewhere in Europe in 2017.  I propose we take the same approach as for the UK meet ie 1st where, 2nd when, 3rd route accomodation etc....

Ok, the floor is open.  where to??  I've done a short jaunt to the Battlefields of Northern France including taking in Mont St Michelle. I've been to Normandy which is much like the UK just warmer.  Also the Alps and mid France and can recommend the Alps; the other not so much.  I fancy one or two of the famous passes just to tick the boxes such as the Stelvio.  I know a mountain hairpin route is just squirt and brake, but it's the been there, done that factor I think.  What does everyone else want?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Done a little jaunt around Europe myself a couple of years ago ( http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,13783.msg102597.html#msg102597 ) but i'm by no means an expert!  :icon_eek:
Majority of my stop overs were campsites end route with the exception of one hotel (needed to dry us out!) But i'm very willing to help organise if this grows any legs. :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bigfeesh

Nurgurgring, you don't have to do a lap, I haven't in my last few visits but it's an eye opener watching the nutters wreck fine machinery  :^_^. The local l roads are mighty fine and its 4 hours from Hamsterjam ferry from Geordieland :augie.
Tiptop

Geoff W

Das Ring is in a very good area, lots of bike friendly accommodation in Prum, Cochem and the area around The Mosselle is great for riding. Just don't do what we did and arrive at the Ring to find it closed for the weekend for the "Rock Am Ring" festival.
Didn't make much difference really as it poured down so hard all day on Sunday that we caught a train to Koblenz and got totally Sh!t-faced in various bars, ending up in an Irish bar with the opening act of the Rock Am Ring festival, Little Man Tait, cracking bunch of lads from Sheffield, but they struggled to keep up with a bunch of lads from Middlesbrough and a couple of Geordies. :occasion14
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

mat-tiger1

Quote from: John Stenhouse on November 23, 2016, 07:14:38 PM
What about Tri days?

+1  :thumbsup

But we'd need a fair few days for a trip down to Austria, do the festival & get back though John! :icon_cool:

Funnily enough, I raised the same question with Pete's Chester RAT group and Birmingham Triumph. They're both assessing the take up before committing to anything. But things get booked up awfully quickly!  :icon_eek:
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

nickjtc

So I take it that a ride over this side of the water is not on the cards again..... :icon_lol: :icon_wink: :icon_lol: :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

I'm afraid so Nick, I will be over assuming all goes to plan in 18 but not on the bike.

John Stenhouse

And yes we know stuff gets booked, its being discussed and thats the first thing on the to do list.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on November 23, 2016, 09:59:20 PM
+1  :thumbsup

But we'd need a fair few days for a trip down to Austria, do the festival & get back though John! :icon_cool:

Funnily enough, I raised the same question with Pete's Chester RAT group and Birmingham Triumph. They're both assessing the take up before committing to anything. But things get booked up awfully quickly!  :icon_eek:

I got approached by a Man (:augie) on the Triumph stand at MCL who tried to convince me this was they way to go! On the face of it, looks good value?

https://www.globebusters.com/motorcycle-tours/tridays-austria-motorcycle-tour/

What are your thoughts guys. Anyone travelled with them before? :m

Chris Canning

I reckon if we do more than 3 trips this year we'll be close to breaking the 200 barrier for boat journeys to Ireland and Europe since 1974 you'll get as many tips about how to travel and what to take as there are days in the year but just carefull who you travel with because do it with the wrong people and it'll turn into a nightmare hence over the years we travel on our own with the exception of one gent who knows how we ride.

Always found the best solution is start at A and we'll see you at B

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 07, 2016, 01:31:38 PM
Always found the best solution is start at A and we'll see you at B

:thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Thought I'd give this a bump.  I already have a lot coming up so if someone wants to take the lead crack on.  If not, I'll talk to a couple of guys off line, come up with a plan, then the rest can jump aboard if they wish.  I'll give it a week or so for someone to put heir hand up. Or not.

John Stenhouse