News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride to Europe 2017

Started by Bixxer Bob, November 21, 2016, 12:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

I'm still up for a trip, assuming eyes etc. all get fixed
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

blacktiger

You buggers started all this whilst I was away in South America.  :^_^ :nono :cp Well I broke my leg  :nap just so that I could be at home and monitor this activity.  :icon_scratch:

Someone asked if we could go somewhere that's a bit warmer and sunnier this time. I did say at the Haggs Bank thing how easy it would be to have a meet in Northern Spain. You just turn up at Portsmouth and 30 hours later you're deposited in Santander with areas like the Picos de Europa to explore to the west and the whole of the Pyrenees to the east.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

mat-tiger1

Don't worry H! We would have waited for you! :augie
Anyway, looks like we have arrangements for a UK meet in progress and this thread for those that might fancy doing something abroad as well! :icon_cool:

Judging from some of the comments time is a factor for those of us who are still amongst the rat race! :icon_cry: So I guess something around a week's duration would be the max for most mere mortals. (Subject to holidays being approved etc.  :icon_rolleyes:)

Sunny would be nice  :XXsunsmile but not necessarily a showstopper. Personally, it's scenery and the adventure itself that attracts me. :wheel
Seeing as you're laid up at the min, how'd you fancy coming up with a few suggestions and we'll see what the other guys say?  :^_^
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on January 07, 2017, 11:55:18 AM
Seeing as you're laid up at the min, how'd you fancy coming up with a few suggestions and we'll see what the other guys say?  :^_^

Well, north Spain is my suggestion. Yes it needs more time and I would envisage leaving one weekend and coming back the next, providing ferries run at the right time.
Failing that, I was in favour of Southern Ireland. I've never been there and the beer scene is getting better and beyond Guinness. :occasion14
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

threepot

I was going to suggest N Spain before the Cotswolds came up. It's on my 'list' :icon_rolleyes:
I'll definitely try to attend the 'main' meet. Another one..??
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Spud Murphy

I have a good mate who lives in Northern Spain who knows the local roads and tracks like the back of his hand if anyone one ever fancies it  :thumbsup

cheers Spud  :icon_wink:
WTF am I doing ?

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Spud Murphy on March 13, 2017, 09:18:23 AM
I have a good mate who lives in Northern Spain who knows the local roads and tracks like the back of his hand if anyone one ever fancies it  :thumbsup

cheers Spud  :icon_wink:

Nice to know Spud! :thumbsup If it doesn't come off for this year, it could be a topic for discussion for next year while we're down in the Cotswolds?  :icon_biggrin:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.