News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Altberg boots

Started by threepot, November 22, 2016, 09:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Debating on a pair. They're based on their military boot,but adapted for motorcycling. Anyone got any experience with this brand?

http://www.altberg.co.uk/product/hogg-all-weather-original/
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Well worth the investment  :nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Ive been to the factory and watched someone get a custom pair made up, old world stuff. Personally,  I dont like the idea of laces on a motorbike.
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on November 22, 2016, 09:04:14 PM
Debating on a pair. They're based on their military boot,but adapted for motorcycling. Anyone got any experience with this brand?

http://www.altberg.co.uk/product/hogg-all-weather-original/
No, but Phworr!  :love10
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

BONANZA

Friend of mine has a pair of their motorcycle boots, don,t know which model :^_^ Hes had them for years and they never seem to wear out, although I believe that they can be resoled if needed. He swears by them as they are warm and waterproof but not the most stylish looking things.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

trophydave

I have been wearing Altberg Field and Fell boots for years.Warm,waterproof,last for ages.Recommended.

Geoff W

I have the Roadrunner boots, I have crash tested them, they work!. Total protection, are warm in winter, cool in summer, waterproof. Just use the ledergris they supply on them now and then and they will last forever.
The zip went on one of mine after 18 months of use, I took them back to the factory for repair, and they totally rebuilt both boots at no charge, said they should never have gone out like that.
My wife has their  basic fell walking boots , which are great, and my daughter this top level winter mountain boots , which she swears by.
Yes I am impressed by the products and the service, not cheap, but well worth the money.
They don't look like poseur boots or creak when you walk in them either.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Ledgers  :thumbsup not that pricey either when you see what you have to pay for some "fashion" boots.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Finally splashed out! Not their motorcycle boot,but the combat boot,supplied to the army. Plenty of cushion around ankle,and stiffness around toe,and heel. Lovely quality. Waterproof lining. And a bargain..£68!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Timbox2

Should have said mate, I was in the QM's the other day and they had racks of the damn things, and Hanwag and Meindl, think those are reserved for "Special" types.
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Good for you Threepot. :><
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on June 13, 2017, 08:40:31 PM
Finally splashed out! Not their motorcycle boot,but the combat boot,supplied to the army. Plenty of cushion around ankle,and stiffness around toe,and heel. Lovely quality. Waterproof lining. And a bargain..£68!
What are they like for riding Mark? - two pairs of military type boots I tried are far too high and cause issues with the gear lever at the contact point, I know I can adjust it, but I don't want to have to do that everytime I have a change of footwear  :icon_rolleyes:
I have a pair of Magnum (like the police and doormen use) which are not to bad but not waterproof.

threepot

Not tried them on the bike yet JD,but I think I might have to raise the selector just a bit?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on June 14, 2017, 09:02:16 PM
Not tried them on the bike yet JD,but I think I might have to raise the selector just a bit?
You bought them days ago! I couldn't be waiting that long  :icon_eek:

Timbox2

Know its an old thread and I thought Id put something up but maybe not. Back in September me and the missus were up in Hawes for a week with the Dogs, no bike unfortunately, but I did manage to con the missus into a trip to Richmond and visited the factory and got a fitting. Then ordered these, took 3 months to be made, but well worth the wait. You wont find these on the website, but they are in the printed catalogue, they are called Wayfarers and are a slight mod on their Roadrunner boot, I tried Hoggs on but I personally just dont fancy laces. From day one they have been like putting a favourite pair of slippers on, just a tad heavier. I also upgraded to their  Svartz absorber foot beds, all in about £270 which aint much more than the Sidi Canyons these replace, Its rare to be blown away by British craftmanship these days, these guys are up there.

2016 Tiger Sport