News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

20mm Risers for the Old Girl

Started by KamikazeKunze, December 29, 2016, 07:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KamikazeKunze

Hey all,

Anyone of you know of a good place to source handlebar risers? 20mm I've heard is the max I can go if I don't want to mess with or replace cables and such.
My shop is telling me bark busters won't fit unless I use risers. Apparently they'll impact the fairing.

Also, for now I am going to keep the stock bars. Anyone know the bar diameter?

Thanks as always for the help.  :XXsunsmile

Sparky

Stock bars are 7/8".

I had 30mm risers on my old Steamer with all factory cables and hoses I remember having to loosen one or both banjo bolts for the hydraulic lines and rotate them down slightly to gain a little length.  You will also have to play with the handlebar rotation and positioning of the mirrors and controls so they don't hit the screen at full lock it's close but with the right fiddling they will not touch.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

KamikazeKunze

Awesome!

Thank you for the info Sparky  :wings

fishnbiker

I have Rox risers ~ 50 mm. They can be tilted to move the bars front or rear. No new cables/hoses needed, just some careful rerouting. Been great for 8 years now.

Example here ...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rox-Speed-FX-1R-P2SE-Elite-Series-Pivot-Handlebar-Riser-2in-Natural-7413-/261381675703?hash=item3cdb8fdab7:g:gEoAAOSwOtdYTD4Z&vxp=mtr
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

KamikazeKunze

Thank you Fishnbiker,

I like those a bit better than what I've found so far.  :icon_cool: