News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2017 UK Meet 24-25 Jun

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 25, 2016, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff W

I will travel down on Friday after work, so I will arrive late, I will book into the campsite and bring tiny-tent. Yes please on the Saturday night dinner.
Where will you likely be on Friday night so I can find you lot?
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Geoff W

Quote from: GavD on April 26, 2017, 08:11:17 PM
Sorry Nick, it's a no-goer this year, I've gotta spend a few weeks getting back into 'er good books after disappearing to the TT for 10 days. The other 2 have no sense of direction so wouldn't make it on their own!! Ted probably won't be allowed anyway as the Tiger has now gone and has been replaced by an MT10.

Next year hopefully.
Gav you and the IOW boys will be a real miss. Given that you live on a postage stamp in The Solent, you lads are seriously hard riders. You were the only lads who made it for the Friday afternoon and did the long ride out on Saturday last year. Give my best to the lads.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

threepot

Quote from: John Stenhouse on April 27, 2017, 06:44:21 PM
Bridge camp site, is three hundred yard from town and if my memory serves the lady said pitches were eight pounds per person.
Lady! What did she look like? :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: blacktiger on April 27, 2017, 07:10:55 PM
Sorry mate but my knees ain't up to crawling around in the dirt at the moment.  :icon_frown:
Yeah but... being on your knees means less weight on your ankle H  :icon_biggrin:

Nick Calne

Quote from: Geoff W on April 27, 2017, 08:35:58 PM

If you do whatsapp I'll add you (and any other interested person) to the group conversation. Drop me a PM with a mobile number.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

PeteH

Quote from: Geoff W on April 27, 2017, 08:35:58 PM

Either the New Inn, Crown or Swan Inn....all within staggering distance of each other :occasion14
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Nick Calne

Weather permitting, I'm going to Lechlade tomorrow to 're-appraise' the local eating and drinking establishments.  I'll write up my findings.  I seem to remember that there is a particularly good one down the half a mile down river from the town and that you can walk to it easily across the fields that adjoin the river bank.

For those of you that know what I do for a living these days, you'll be pleased to be assured that I'll bring my fullest professional attention to this matter on your behalf.

GavD

Quote from: Geoff W on April 27, 2017, 08:52:25 PM
Gav you and the IOW boys will be a real miss. Given that you live on a postage stamp in The Solent, you lads are seriously hard riders. You were the only lads who made it for the Friday afternoon and did the long ride out on Saturday last year. Give my best to the lads.

Will do Geoff

I does get a bit boring over here, roads are crap and too many grockles. We need excuses to get over to the big island a bit more, but unfortunately this years meet is just a bit too close to our TT trip to negotiate another weekend pass. Al and Ted are both coming to the TT with another couple of chaps tagging along.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

blacktiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on April 28, 2017, 03:31:36 PM
  I seem to remember that there is a particularly good one down the half a mile down river from the town and that you can walk to it easily across the fields that adjoin the river bank.

We've heard this before at the first meet. 2 miles along fly infested bridleways and across wheat fields we found the pub. :nono
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on April 28, 2017, 03:31:36 PM
For those of you that know what I do for a living these days, you'll be pleased to be assured that I'll bring my fullest professional attention to this matter on your behalf.

:bug_eye :m
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

John Stenhouse

The pub Nick is referring to is called the Trout. Is was an option for the meet as they have a field in back they use for weddings, group meets, etc. unfortunately it has but one toilet, and no showers!

I thought you all might like a modicum of comfort in your camping field.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

mat-tiger1

Could you put my name down for a meal (& beer! :occasion14) please Nick! 😁  :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

PeteH

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on April 29, 2017, 02:02:53 PM
Could you put my name down for a meal (& beer! :occasion14) please Nick! 😁  :thumbsup
Should read....Beer, meal with beer....then more beer...+1 Nick.

I take it your booking a table for Saturday? so do we just fend for ourselves Friday??
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

mat-tiger1

I'm sure men of our calibre should be able to scout out beer & food on a Friday night Mr H?  :occasion14 (Probably more beer than food though!  :icon_lol:)
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

Been sick as a dog this weekend. Only managed 5mins on the bike up the road. I'll get over to Lechlade next weekend and find options for both days.