News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2017 UK Meet 24-25 Jun

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 25, 2016, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: Nick Calne on May 01, 2017, 06:51:54 PM
Been sick as a dog this weekend. Only managed 5mins on the bike up the road. I'll get over to Lechlade next weekend and find options for both days.

Been drinking out of damp glasses?
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Pub ebola? No, not this time sadly.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Seems to be a manflu going around just now, I've coughing and spluttering fir nearly a week and I know umpteen others in the same condition. Get it over with before June  :cp
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I am just back from a ride to Lechlade. I have a few things to report.  Firstly Mrs C can't get off the Honda as easily as the tiger and has fallen on her amply padded butt twice today whilst dismounting the bike.  She is currently in a strop and it is all my fault.

Secondly I stuck my head in the pubs in town and they are ok.

The Swan Inn. http://swaninnlechlade.co.uk/
Is a much better looking pub outside than in but is nice enough and the owners are nice too.  The food is pub stuff - chips and whatever - but is good enough and quite cheap, which I know will be a factor for some. I am a hyper critical pub / restaurant critic and I did not object to the food.  They have a Yamaha FZ1 in the pub too.  Which is a good thing in my view.

The outside

The FZ1

Mrs C picks what goes with her chips...

Despite the suggestion that English ales were sold here there seemed only to be a limited selection.

Well knowing that H isn't even going to come unless there is a proper selection of ales I went a little further and checked out the Crown. http://halfpennybrewery.co.uk/crown-inn-lechlade/

They have 6 ales, ciders and some lager stuff in a smaller pub which says on the door it is biker friendly and has live music.

I was going to suggest that we did the Saturday night dinner in the Swan then trundle down to the Crown for beers proper.  There must be all of about 100 yards between them.

If everyone OK with this I'll book it.

The other options, and my reasons for not suggesting them are:

The Riverside Inn - best location but too touristy and corporate wank beer.  Nice barmaid noted.

The Trout Inn - Cracker but slightly too far away on foot.

The New Inn - Some of us are staying there already, so in the interests of variety...

Restaurants - Khushi's - looked small and a bit crap. Colleys looked lovely and is where I think I'd go given a free hand but £20 plus for mains probably isn't what we want.

mat-tiger1

Excellent scouting mission Nick!  :thumbsup Pity about Mrs C. That's a thumbs down in that respect for the Honda then! :pottytrain2 :icon_rolleyes:
I'm with you on the evening's entertainment,  :iagree it all looks good to me, you can include me in if you need to book in advance. :occasion14
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Well done Nick. Gets a thumbs up from me.   :thumbsup  :occasion14
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

JayDub

Yup! I'm in. Thanks Nick... Dude  :eusa_clap

Geoff W

Yes sounds good to me. Food then ale, nowt wrong with that.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Nick Calne

Restaurant booked for 8 to 12 people at 7.30 on Sat 24th June.

I'll try and canvass for exact numbers vloser to the time.

blacktiger

Just to move the attendees list to the forefront again.

Quote from: blacktiger on April 26, 2017, 03:02:36 PM
I've just had friends of mine confirm that they've booked into the New Inn. Alan & Jan Wallington. So it's now:-

Attendees:
Nick
Ivor
Peter
Howard
John Woolley
Mark R
Alan & Jan Wallington
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Geoff W

Can you book me in for food on Saturday please. I will be camping and will likely arrive too late to eat on Friday. I will get fish and chips on the way down.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Bluesprint05

Hi Guys

Looking forward to the weekend. Has anyone completed a Garmin GPS route, not sure if I can complete it, I am not as slow as I used to be, I'm slower!

Best Regards

Alan & Jan Wallington

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Bluesprint05 on May 28, 2017, 11:37:03 AM
Hi Guys

Looking forward to the weekend. Has anyone completed a Garmin GPS route, not sure if I can complete it,

Hi Alan, as far as I can remember, Mr Stenhouse was I/C of route mapping etc. :icon_scratch:

That's is of course if Sin helped him sort his new new sat nav out!  :icon_rolleyes:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

I have a gpx route from John. I am going to make a tweak and add on the bit to get us from Lechlade to Stow.

With any luck I'll do that tomorrow.