News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2017 UK Meet 24-25 Jun

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 25, 2016, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Quote from: John Stenhouse on April 13, 2017, 10:32:17 PM
That's the first time I've heard the Severn called a slightly deeper ford! It actually might work with one of the routes I have in mind.
I ain't riding through any fords! my technical riding skills are zero...  :nap
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

John Stenhouse

OK, listen up folks!

The route is set and we've checked it over seems good except for the amount of traffic on Fridays! The run is about 130 miles long contains two fords and about three miles of off road (all optional), steam trains, Roman roads, Trout farms, Ice cream vans, and National Trust villages.

It will start and finish in Lechlade on Thames, for which I attach the accomodation list.

http://www.lechladeonthames.co.uk/accommodation-3/

Sorry H, I wanted to put you all in Moreton in Marsh, or Bourton on the Water, but neither campsite wanted to accept tents! So it's Lechlade by default. Besides it's closer to Nick.

Any questions?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Timbox2

Quote from: JayDub on April 13, 2017, 11:54:42 PM
I ain't riding through any fords! my technical riding skills are zero...  :nap

Its a doddle  (PS: No, I didnt do this one either :icon_redface:) I did do the little baby one earlier on, sorry no pictures

Is Nicks bike winking at me?
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

OK guys some Lechlade info.  Lechlade is 12 miles north of Swindon.  Has few pubs and a big bridge over the Thames.  Not a huge place, with not much else there so our options are somewhat limited.  In South of England terms there is not much near Lechlade in terms of other towns, Swindon and Cirencester are the next significant places of note.

Directions:
From most directions South, the easiest way to Lechlade is via the M4 J15 and up the A419
From the North West, it is probably M5 J11a then A417 via Cirencester and Fairford
From the North East it's the A420 via Faringdon.  Nice route too if memory serves.

Bike Shops:
Your nearest triumph dealer is: http://www.bladegrouptriumph.co.uk/
Your nearest big motorbike shop is http://www.megamotorcyclestore.co.uk/

Accommodation:
There is a camp site, identified by John as being the most appropriate is: http://bridgehousecampsite.co.uk/ This is slightly to the south of the town over the large bridge.  Easy 2min walk into town.  Another place to stay would be: http://newinnhotel.co.uk/ Ivor and I have booked in here.  It is in the town.  Some availability left.

Otherwise take your pick from John's list: http://www.lechladeonthames.co.uk/accommodation-3/

Pubs:
There are several pubs in the town and given they are all fairly close together I suggest we try them all in due course.  Apparently the Crown is the best for real ale.

Fuel:
Texaco north of the town.  Maybe a half mile out of the centre.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

mat-tiger1

Great job Nick!  :>< I suggest those who are looking to attend this year's meet get to booking their preferences ASAP so there are no disappointments. :icon_cry: Here's to a successful Cotswolds meet! :occasion14
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

PeteH

Ok, thats me booked into Cambrai Lodge, single occupancy im afraid cos I aint sharing a bouble bed :nono, get booking chaps as rooms are getting taken up...
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

blacktiger

Following Peter Hartshorn's request for a room share, I've just reserved a twin the New Inn Hotel.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

PeteH

Quote from: blacktiger on April 25, 2017, 12:30:10 PM
Following Peter Hartshorn's request for a room share, I've just reserved a twin the New Inn Hotel.

Me and thee then Howard...don't forget your earplugs ;)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

mat-tiger1

Did we get an idea of how many of us will be in attendance?  :m
Get messaging the others, we don't want anyone missing out!  :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: PeteH on April 25, 2017, 09:17:16 PM
Me and thee then Howard...don't forget your earplugs ;)

Yeah. I didn't actually see your post above mine before I'd booked.

I'm sure a pillow pressed securely over your head will make it all go quiet. :augie :sleepy1

Nick Calne

Shall I organise a trip to the pub with dinner on Saturday? I'll need numbers, can we confirm the following:

Attendees:
Nick
Ivor
Peter
Howard
John Woolley
Mark R

Possibles: please let me know your intentions...
Tim
John Walton
Spud
Geoff
Gav, Mo and Ed

Not coming:
Niall
John Stenhouse

Missed anyone? Sorry!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

blacktiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on April 26, 2017, 02:33:52 PM
Shall I organise a trip to the pub with dinner on Saturday? I'll need numbers, can we confirm the following:

Attendees:
Nick
Ivor
Peter
Howard
John Woolley
Mark R

Tim
John Walton
Spud
Geoff
Gav, Mo and Ed

Not coming:
Niall
John Stenhouse

Missed anyone? Sorry!

I've just had friends of mine confirm that they've booked into the New Inn. Alan & Jan Wallington. So it's now:-

Attendees:
Nick
Ivor
Peter
Howard
John Woolley
Mark R
Alan & Jan Wallington

Timbox2

Quote from: Nick Calne on April 26, 2017, 02:33:52 PM

Tim

Strictly honorable, but seriously still dont know, depends on Mrs Timbox's work rota that weekend
2016 Tiger Sport

London_Phil

I think I've wangled the Saturday off, and its a doable round trip for me.
Where's everyone going to be on Sat afternoon?

Timbox2

Quote from: London_Phil on April 26, 2017, 07:43:53 PM
I think I've wangled the Saturday off, and its a doable round trip for me.
Where's everyone going to be on Sat afternoon?

A&E?  :ImaPoser
2016 Tiger Sport