News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2017 UK Meet 24-25 Jun

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 25, 2016, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Mat-tiger1- Either date suits  :thumbsup (Add names below)
blacktiger
JayDub - Either dates.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Geoff W

I am the lonely one who voted for the first weekend. There is a chance that I may be away on the second choice.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Bixxer Bob

Lets face it, we've always been good at thinking on the hoof.  I can remember planning and recc'ing a route only for H to say "Nah, fuck it, lert go here instead... "   :*&*
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 18, 2017, 01:38:34 PM
Lets face it, we've always been good at thinking on the hoof.  I can remember planning and recc'ing a route only for H to say "Nah, fuck it, lert go here instead... "   :*&*

That was probably because you forgot to include a decent Pub for lunch. :^_^ :occasion14
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

mat-tiger1

Hi Gents,  :wave Looks like it's going to be the weekend of the 24th June according to those who have voted, are there anymore for anymore?  :^_^
If it is that weekend Geoff, do you think you can wangle it to get down? It'd be good to see you!  :thumbsup
If that's it, then I guess it's over to Mr Stenhouse for proposed location etc.  :icon_cool:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

John Stenhouse

That will be coming after the end of March when I can see again, blind pugh rides again :wings
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on March 10, 2017, 12:17:35 PM
Hi Gents,  :wave Looks like it's going to be the weekend of the 24th June according to those who have voted, are there anymore for anymore?  :^_^
If it is that weekend Geoff, do you think you can wangle it to get down? It'd be good to see you!  :thumbsup
If that's it, then I guess it's over to Mr Stenhouse for proposed location etc.  :icon_cool:

Sounds good to me chaps. Runs lead by Blind Puke eh?  :__

JayDub

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on March 10, 2017, 12:17:35 PM
Yeah come on Geoff! we'll miss you - it just wouldn't be the same  :friday

Spud Murphy

my Tiger needs a run out it's been neglected lately  :icon_redface:

cheers Spud  :icon_wink:
WTF am I doing ?

Bixxer Bob

I've locked the poll and set the date for 24-25 June.  Now we need ideas for accomodation etc

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 31, 2017, 06:14:56 PM
I've locked the poll and set the date for 24-25 June.  Now we need ideas for accomodation etc

Need a location first don't we?

Geoff W

I should be able to make it for late Friday night, and head back home on Sunday on those dates. It may be getting a bit late for sorting out hostel type accommodation, tents may need to be deployed. Not sure what is available in the Cotswolds.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

JayDub

Quote from: Geoff W on March 31, 2017, 07:22:45 PM
I should be able to make it for late Friday night, and head back home on Sunday on those dates. It may be getting a bit late for sorting out hostel type accommodation, tents may need to be deployed. Not sure what is available in the Cotswolds.
:iagree

threepot

I met the chap who started ABR magazine earlier in Llandovery,Alan Davies. He was on his way down to St David's with a friend and their partners for the weekend. Had a chat,and I mentioned our meet. Apparently he lives in Stratford on Avon,and recommended we stay there? Limited campsites and expensive accommodation out of the town?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

blacktiger

To make sure we've got a decent pub in whatever location you're looking at, you can use https://whatpub.com to check. e.g. https://whatpub.com/search?q=stow+on+the+wold&lat=51.93&lng=-1.72294&r=10&t=t&p=1&features=Pub%2COpen%2CRealAle shows the Talbot and several others as having camping nearby.  :occasion14