News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2017 UK Meet 24-25 Jun

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 25, 2016, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Hello Gents,  :wave Nick & John have been in touch and a 'scouting' mission has been arranged for Friday 21st March.
Hopefully by then John will be back to full fitness (otherwise he'll be crashing a lot! :icon_eek:) and we can scope out camping locations, pubs etc. and report back!! :icon_salut:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on April 06, 2017, 10:36:12 AM
Hello Gents,  :wave Nick & John have been in touch and a 'scouting' mission has been arranged for Friday 21st March.
Hopefully by then John will be back to full fitness (otherwise he'll be crashing a lot! :icon_eek:) and we can scope out camping locations, pubs etc. and report back!! :icon_salut:

That'll be APRIL 21st because March 21st had been and gone and was a Tuesday. :*

But anyway, glad things are getting under way. :><
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

John Stenhouse

Hey H, is Donningtons ale ok for you? Or would you prefer Hook Norton?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

mat-tiger1

Quote from: blacktiger on April 06, 2017, 12:17:14 PM
That'll be APRIL 21st because March 21st had been and gone and was a Tuesday. :*

But anyway, glad things are getting under way. :><

Doh! My bad. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_redface:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Timbox2

Ivor, I probably cant make the actual meet in June, but Im off work Friday 21st April and could give the new bike a blat up to the Cotswolds if you'll have a new Roadie.

The bike came from Staffordshire Triumph too

PS: I definitely dont do OFF Road, not with this one anyway
2016 Tiger Sport

blacktiger

Quote from: John Stenhouse on April 08, 2017, 12:23:35 AM
Hey H, is Donningtons ale ok for you? Or would you prefer Hook Norton?

Either mate. Both are very good. We don't get them much down my way so they'll be a nice change.

John Stenhouse

Ok, noted I'll see what I can find.

Bixxer Bob

Nick Carlton and John Stenhouse have the plan so an input on base location would be nice.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

There's just three campsites showing on goggle maps :icon_scratch:
One not available and one is a petting farm (that may not be such a good choice)
that just leaves:
http://www.farpeakcamping.co.uk/camping/pitches-and-motorhomes.html#pricesection
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

PeteH

Found this place on the Biker Guide, has a couple of rooms plus camping. oh, and proper beer http://www.lowerlodeinn.co.uk/
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

threepot

Quote from: PeteH on April 13, 2017, 01:09:41 AM
Found this place on the Biker Guide, has a couple of rooms plus camping. oh, and proper beer http://www.lowerlodeinn.co.uk/

And a pool table! :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

blacktiger

Quote from: PeteH on April 13, 2017, 01:09:41 AM

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup Gets my vote.

John Stenhouse

That pub is a little difficult to get to from my side, there's a ruddy great river in the way  :m

PeteH

Quote from: John Stenhouse on April 13, 2017, 11:58:58 AM
That pub is a little difficult to get to from my side, there's a ruddy great river in the way  :m
Just treat as a slightly deeper Ford  :augie
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

John Stenhouse

That's the first time I've heard the Severn called a slightly deeper ford! It actually might work with one of the routes I have in mind.