News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

carb problems while touring portugal

Started by steveo, December 28, 2016, 12:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Great news  :thumbsup

You do realise you've just set yourself up for a trip report  :mut
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 07, 2017, 12:45:39 AM
Great news  :thumbsup

You do realise you've just set yourself up for a trip report  :mut
:iagree It is -14 c here with ice on the roads so I need to live vicariously through other riders.

Nick Calne

Yup. Enquiring minds need to know more.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

KamikazeKunze

Quote from: steveo on January 06, 2017, 11:20:41 PM
SORTED!!  :wheel   so the ultra sonic cleaning did the trick, apparently loads of varnish came out of the carbs , so he ran them through a few times, threw it back together this afternoon ( that air box is a bitch) and she runs like a dream.

so ultra sonic cleaning is a good place to start when having carb problems...cost 60 euros.....now having several glasses of vino collapso......thanks for all help, advice and offers, the holiday can go on ....... :occasion14

Good to hear it's sorted! Enjoy the rest of your trip.  :__

steveo

i can honestly say the bike has never run this smooth and quiet...even at tick over , its even almost stopped the popping on the over run...tho i quite like that as i have the quill T3 silencers  :icon_cool: