News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by bemusedinsojo, December 24, 2016, 02:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bemusedinsojo

:BangHead I found this in my tank. What is it? Why is it? It's not magnetic. I played hell getting it out but now it's out and I'm scratching my head.

ssevy

It's an Italian suppository, also known as an "innuendo ".

Seriously, I've not a clue?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

bemusedinsojo

nickjtc

One of those additive things to add stuff into the fuel to make things run better, improve mileage by 300% and eliminate all wear in the engine??

Seriously, haven't a clue.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

London_Phil

Its a lead additive kit, allegedly to improve octane rating etc.
Snake oil for engines, imho

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: London_Phil on December 24, 2016, 10:30:57 AM
Its a lead additive kit, allegedly to improve octane rating etc.
Snake oil for engines, imho

:iagree don't let Phil have it or I'll likely get after my shark comments  :nono
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Agree with nick,some kind of fuelcat additive?

http://fuelcat.co.uk
95 Super111
96 Tiger

bemusedinsojo

A lead additive kit. No wonder Freddie could beat all the Harleys and most 650 bullet bikes. Because I got lead in my pencil.

bemusedinsojo

Guess what? Twins! Yes there was another one I dislodged while I was cleaning the inside of the tank. I feel like it explains my lead "foot". The PO must have put them in because it was running crappy even though the science is sketchy.

JayDub

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on December 27, 2016, 07:51:24 PMeven though the science is sketchy.
:iagree It reminds me of the dubious foil packets which we're supposed to wrap around our fuel lines and then enjoy a 30% increase in fuel economy and power  :*&*

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: JayDub on December 27, 2016, 09:30:20 PM
:iagree It reminds me of the dubious foil packets which we're supposed to wrap around our fuel lines and then enjoy a 30% increase in fuel economy and power  :*&*
For those wearing tin foil hats.

threepot

You could hang them from a tree in your garden?  :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger