News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pick your brains..again

Started by threepot, January 02, 2017, 06:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: threepot on January 08, 2017, 01:32:54 AM
No. If I knew how to reconnect,I would. But its something I can live with. My bike runs nice otherwise,
I met a guy earlier in Sennybridge who had a GS 12 BMW. 'Thats my baby over there' he said. Then he started telling me about the problems he'd had..it was a 2009 bike,he'd bought it with about 9k miles. He'd just done a European trip,but said it was due to go in for a full service,which he reckons will cost about £1k? taking in some repairs. It needed new shaft drive seal when he bought it,and he thinks the electronic suspension[ESA] might be faulty..£1500  to fix! I said thats more than what I paid for my bike!! So ,im quite happy with my 75k mile 'steamer',which has given me so much enjoyment in the 5yrs I've had it.

To be fair, in the paperwork that came with my Girly there is the 12K service invoice from Jack Lilley for £600, back in 2007, and that was just a service, no extras. Main dealer servicing is dear whoever you are with these days
The big difference is with a BMW you are pretty well tied to the dealer if you want your bike saleable and covered by the extended warranty, which you need unless your Rothchild. ESA, yeah thats silly, and Triumph have now got it on the new Explorers, a whole load of fun for future owners down the food chain.
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

and don't forget the character and individuality  :icon_biggrin: