News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Diet--Possible?

Started by ridin gaijin, June 17, 2005, 01:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

Spending a while on this Speed Triple has got me thinking. Why does the Tiger have to weigh so much? Yes, we got a big old gas tank. But has anyone undertaken to lighten their Tiger; and if so, how?
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

TigerTrax

One of the riders at the Tiger Ride-In weighed his Tiger with him on it at a farm scale: 1150 lbs

SO what's the problem?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

barjan

Quote from: "TigerTrax"SO what's the problem?

too much luggage??

Brock

My bike seems to be a lot lighter when I've had a bloody good curry the night before. Why's that then? eh? eh?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

tomla

the frame is heavy, the engine is heavy....I've only been able to peel about 15# off el tigre gordo by judicious removal of bracketry, going tubeless, alum rear sprocket, hagon shock w/o remote res, alum handlebars, smog junk removal, using shorter/alum bolts where possible, etc.  what it really needs is a lightweight frame and an 800CC engine....

wdkng_24

does anyone else think its blasphemy to even CONSIDER putting a smaller engine in the tiger?   :o

Sasquatch

Quote from: "wdkng_24"does anyone else think its blasphemy to even CONSIDER putting a smaller engine in the tiger?   :o

I agree.