News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Farewell Tiger

Started by tjmann0, January 21, 2017, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjmann0

I have just had my last 248 mile winter ride on my beloved Tiger she has gone to a new home , I also had to ride back the same day on my new bike . I loved owning it but I hope I don't have to spend as much time fettling it as the Tiger . Not enough time in my life at the moment  :><

Timbox2

Yeah, a Steamer might find a place in my collection, if I could afford a collection, or the space. But as an only bike? So come on spill the beans, whats the newun?
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

I know exactly what you mean. My steamer's in bits until March now and seriously fortunate not to have become a make weight for a new africa twin or ktm 1090 adv. I used to ride bikes, now I learn about exciting engineering techniques for removing rusty bits of metal from other rusty bits of metal.

So c'mon what did ya get?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

tjmann0

Replaced it with a 990 adventure and loving it

tjmann0

Also meant to say the tiger is at Bury motorcycles Manchester if anyone is interested

Timbox2

Quote from: tjmann0 on January 22, 2017, 08:20:37 AM
Replaced it with a 990 adventure and loving it

Blimey, quite a change then, enjoy. At least you didnt go for a Berlin Tractor (GS)  :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Sadly can't stop the ageing process be it bikes or otherwise!! But an interesting change of direction that is for sure.

threepot

I'm sure there's a 20 odd year old Honda out there somewhere with few rusty bits?? :icon_wink:

Nick,I think you 'steamer' looks really nice considering its age. :thumbsup

I think I read on ABR,that one new Africa Twin owner returned his bike for refund due to corrosion?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Timbox2

Quote from: threepot on January 22, 2017, 06:01:17 PM
I'm sure there's a 20 odd year old Honda out there somewhere with few rusty bits?? :icon_wink:

I think I read on ABR,that one new Africa Twin owner returned his bike for refund due to corrosion?

Funnily enough, I went up the steelhorse cafe earlier and there was a bloke there on a 2009 CBF1000 which looked like it had spent its life by the sea, rust all over it, broken bits of fairing etc etc. He explains its his work bike, used all year round, he doesnt bother even cleaning it. And guess what, somebody tried to nick it the other day while he was all of 50ft away, a young skag head or similar tried to wheel it off down the road in Newport, he gives chase and just as he catches up the guy just drops it and runs off, more damage, but still rideable, and just goes to show they will try and nick anything. :icon_frown:
2016 Tiger Sport