News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just bought an XC

Started by London_Phil, February 02, 2017, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

As many of you know, I've been very frustrated by the carb issue quite a lot of us seem to suffer from. As I dont ride every day, or even every week these days, I always get running problems initially. Couple that with a damp garage and its actually becoming dangerous to ride, as I have a 100yd grass drive to get down on full choke, and then negotiate 5 miles of traffic before I can get her cleared out.
I finally got the funds allocated, and bought a 2012 xc in Orange, with Triumph  Luggage, hell that stuff sticks out.
Going to fit a centre stand, and heed crash bars, but it quite a beast.
Mixed feelings, as the Steamer still has the look I like, but looking to the future I think less pain involved.
Going to be removing all the goodies from the Steamer, to return it to as close to factory as poss, with a view to selling,  so will probably selling off Givi pannier mounts, Thunderbike Bars and Venom cans, along with many spares and parts soon.
Probably post a heads up in the for sale section soon.

JayDub

Completely understand Phil, I'd have sleepless nights if I had to make the change to any other bike - but I'm lucky with my steamer (fingers etc crossed :icon_rolleyes:) as its always ready to rock, although its living under a cover outside all year round, and not used for a couple of weeks sometimes. 
Congrats  :eusa_clap Yer a bit slow with the pics though :icon_wink:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

London_Phil

No Pics, as I'm in Coventry training this week, but will post some when home.
I totally agree about changing bikes, if I could sort the carbs out once a year and have no issues, I'd not be considering the change at all.
Its done now, and unless I just cant get on with the xc, I think the Steamer will be for sale late this year.

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: London_Phil on February 02, 2017, 08:29:09 PM
selling off Givi pannier mounts, Thunderbike Bars and Venom cans, along with many spares and parts soon.
Probably post a heads up in the for sale section soon.
I would love the pannier mounts but shipping...I hope the new one treats you well.

Sin_Tiger

Congratulations Phil  :wheel I think you'll find the XC very nimble in traffic once you get used to it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

New bike is always a good thing. Hope you enjoy it Phil.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

London_Phil

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 03, 2017, 11:37:50 AM
Congratulations Phil  :wheel I think you'll find the XC very nimble in traffic once you get used to it.

So far, only rode it home from the dealers, but did notice it's got a sharp response to steering, which I'm not used to. Its got a pretty worn Tourance on the front, so looking at  Michelin Anakee as I ride 99% road, except for the driveway up the side of the house, and the odd rally field.

benebob

For the road I've found the Shinko 804/805s to be much superior to the Anakee's which simply do not give me any confindence on the tar snakes or anything that isn't perfect asphalt.  The last pair I had I turned into tire swings.  The 3/4 tread left on 'em give plenty of traction for my daughter in that application! Congrats on the bike, still not sold on mine but it is growing on me a bit.  The gearing has a lot to be answered for and it hasn't been off road yet. 
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800