News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where are the motorcycles and riders????

Started by nickjtc, February 18, 2017, 08:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

I'm over here in Blighty at the moment, travelling on four wheels, unfortunately. The weather has been balmy (up to +12) and yet in my travels so far I have seen fewer than two dozen bikes on the road, and none of them were Triumphs!!

Lest you think I haven't been anywhere to see said missing riders, so far I have driven from Heathrow to Hitchin, to Duxford, to Carterton and ending here in Yeovilton.

Purpose for the trip: to tie up some loose ends pertaining to my long bike trip last summer. Mainly to meet a gentleman who was my Dad's room mate when they learnt to fly in Florida from January to July 1943, and to visit the Fleet Air Arm Museum at RNAS Yeovilton, where my Dad was based at the end of his military flying career.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

London_Phil

Travelling round the North Circ today, not on the Tiger, in my Geman barge, to see my folks, just south of the  Thames.
Saw many, many,  bikes heading probably to Carol Nash The bike show..

BTW during WW2, My Dad was a radio trainer In the RAF, based Somewhere in the  Swindon/ Bristol area.

Timbox2

Know what you mean, Ive just been to Telford for a bike show and apart from a pair of BMW GS's who were in the slow lane doing about 60 on the M6 I didnt see or pass many others. There were a few who had ridden to the show but not lots by any means.

Yeovilton eh, If I'd have known I could have come and met you, we have an office on site there and I keep meaning to go down and meet the new guy who's running it. My Dad also ended up at Yeovilton for a time, though I think he was working for Westlands by then having left the RAF in 62. Small world.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bigfeesh

Still too much salt on the roads up here to ride my pride and joy  :icon_cry: the local councils have a glut of salt due to the mild weather so now they are dumping piles of the stuff on the roadsides. This will just wash away and poison our waterways and rot our expensive modes of transport!  :^_^
Tiptop

JayDub

Quote from: Bigfeesh on February 22, 2017, 10:46:54 AMthe local councils have a glut of salt due to the mild weather so now they are dumping piles of the stuff on the roadsides.
Thats similar to what our council did a few years ago... then the following year claimed they didn't have enough funding to keep the roads gritted!  :icon_scratch:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Nick Calne

Quote from: London_Phil on February 18, 2017, 08:58:45 PM
BTW during WW2, My Dad was a radio trainer In the RAF, based Somewhere in the  Swindon/ Bristol area.

Probably at RAF Yatesbury. 3 miles from Calne. My grandfather was based there too for a time during ww2.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

+ what has already been said about the councils having a glut of salt,its bad for you never mind you bike!!.

Most of my bikes have been bought second hand first question on the phone 'Has it been ridden during a winter' so I can also confirm most bikers are liars  :icon_wink:

Talking of liars the weather forecasters said Monday was lithium weather  :icon_biggrin: so I went to cross gates café

nickjtc

Just got back from a loop up to the north coast of Norfolk, where my Mum was evacuated during the war. Yesterday was glorious; almost shorts weather. Not on a bike, of course.  :icon_wink: Today was the first wet day of my trip. From when I left Hitchin yesterday, to getting back just now, I counted 5 bikes.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 22, 2017, 03:04:17 PM
+ what has already been said about the councils having a glut of salt,its bad for you never mind you bike!!.

Most of my bikes have been bought second hand first question on the phone 'Has it been ridden during a winter' so I can also confirm most bikers are liars  :icon_wink:

Talking of liars the weather forecasters said Monday was lithium weather  :icon_biggrin: so I went to cross gates café
Is that the cross gates café  Llandrindod Wells then Chris  :augie
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Chris Canning