News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tyres...sorry if its been covered before....

Started by Reubs, April 11, 2017, 06:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reubs

Tiger 955i...2002
Currently running Annakee 2 tyres and the rear has just about come to the end of its useful life...
SO the questipns are....
Can I use an Annakee 3 rear with my Annakee 2 front?
What options are recommended..pilot road 2/3's??
I only do road mileage..

Also where can I get a good deal on tyres??
Cheers

HockleyBoy

I have used mixed II an III Anakees on a number of occasions and have had no problems however you might want to check the manufacturer recommendations for safety.

As for Pilot Roads, am currently running the Pilot 4 trails which are a road tyre. I really like them, handle well wet and dry and give you confidence when cornering and braking. Seem to wear well too.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Sin_Tiger

Have a really close look at the tread wear on the front, if there is any sign of uneven wear, sometimes referred to as cupping, it's going to go off really quick so change it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Reubs

Timbox2

I still reckon the tyre that gave the best Road Handling on the Girly was the Conti Trail Attack II's, dont let the "Trail" moniker fool ya, its a Road attack with a trail look. They last well too.
2016 Tiger Sport