News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Name that tune!? New video uploaded

Started by Hooverscon, April 12, 2017, 06:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

you'll find that every springtime is the same hassle starting it up after a winter lay over, they do not like it at all.

and even a brand new battery will struggle after the first few cranks ,
once she's getting daily use it lights up easy just a quick stab of the button usually lights it up even cold when you got the jetting right , which Triumph did NOT !

Hooverscon

Thanks mustang... It is a brand new battery. The voltmeter is showing 12.4. the battery is good. Did you see the second video?
This is a new video...

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

the motor can be on thebench in less than an hour ........ :nod

and can be fixed for the price of some gaskets and seals
and there is a really cheap way to repair the pc of shit sprag

Hooverscon

Mustang... Please tell! I have been dreading doing the Sprag... But it will obviously need to be fixed. Please let me know what I can do to fix it. I have already had members send me some links to fix it. My bike does not have the access plate. The dealerships are telling me it would be a 13 hour job. $$$$$. I'm not paying all that money for labor!

London_Phil

I've got a part engine, from a scrapped late model  steamer with a working sprag and shaft etc, still inside

Yours for cost of postage, and a donation to a charity of your choice, if its any help. Not sure what new sprag price is now..

Sin_Tiger

Give your starter motor a going over first, I think our learned colleague mentioned that already  :icon_scratch: if you are surrounded the battery is good and that's all it does, it's not right.

Best case - that sorts it.

Worst case - you have a known good starter and you know exactly where you stand.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

heres some reading for you .....................

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

and the enginge can drop free from the frame with the footpeg brackets removed and the exhausts.

4 bolts is all thats holding her in carbs and all .

put a floor jack under it and let off the torque on the swing arm pivot bolt and boom you own it .

for the price of a seal you can fix your sprag , by the way it sounds the little spring that holds the rollers has said "fuck it I'm done being a spring "

and the spring thats in the lip seal is a perfect match.........................
I have the # for the lip seal somewhere .

if your even only slightly handy with a wrench don't be intimidated its just a mechanical machine it can live again !

Hooverscon

I will be dropping the motor on Monday! I appreciate all of the help. I have a good vibe that I will be able to have the bike up and running much faster than anticipated!! Now all I need to get is a floor jack!