News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

France 2017

Started by steamer 96, May 19, 2017, 02:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steamer 96

I am away to France with a few others mid June travelling from the North West down through the Chunnel for a week on the XC as the steamer is tucked away,  spending two nights in Saint-Die-des Vosges and two nights in Belfort then meandering North for the run home,   I have Google mapped the areas and there is plenty of roads for us to ride but was wondering if there are any places that we should be going to on our ride outs.

If you have anywhere in mind that I can add to the route then please tell    :*

Mart

blacktiger

Route de Cretes which runs south from St Die towards Mulhouse. D61 & D430. Stop at a roadside cafe at La Schlucht and watch all the other bikes go past. Just about any road in that region is fun to ride.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

steamer 96

Just checked it out on Google street view and looks like a good brew stop,  thanks for the info

John Stenhouse

Up near Arras, is Quesnoy, a vauban fortified town and in the same area Bavay which seems to have Roman remains, I plan on checking these out myself next week.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

steamer 96

Cheers for the info but its a fair bit out of our way,  looks quite interesting on Google and could be one for another year.   We are spending two nights in the old part of Belfort that also has quite an impressive fortified buildings,  nine of us are staying in the Grand Hotel and the price is very good.

Thanks for the info   M

blacktiger

France is a big place. Stick to the "D" roads and you'll find it's relatively traffic and Copper free. Enjoy your trip. :wheel
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.