News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tab washer issues

Started by ssevy, May 22, 2017, 10:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I took the sprocket cover off today to replace all of the seals and o rings as I had a small oil leak. Once I got the thing apart, I noticed that my tab washer had one tab nearly torn through and the other not touching. I replaced the chain and sprockets last year, and I am sure that I torqued the nut and bent up the tab that aligned with the bolt flat. I think I reused the old tab washer, so Maybe it is just metal fatigue? In any case, I have a new output shaft seal and tab washer ordered. The front sprocket was still pretty tight, with just a tiny amount of play, but the sprocket doesn't show any strange wear, so I'll probably just reuse it.
Leaving on a long trip next Tuesday, so naturally I am scrambling last minute to get my maintenance done :icon_redface:

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Timbox2

Think Triumph have redesigned the Tab Washer now, doesnt have seperate fingers anymore
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

True. Last one I put on was either circular or hexagonal.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?