News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

One of those days.

Started by GavD, May 28, 2017, 11:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

Today was final ride out on the 800 with the chaps before heading off to the IOM on thursday. Thought I'd top the tank up before heading home, and dunno what was going on in my head but I manged to put £9 of diesel in, then rode the 2.5 miles home. Obviously by the time I got home it wasn't running too well. At this point I hadn't realised what I'd done, but I tried to start her a few times with no joy. After a bit of head scratching I checked the receipt...............s%*t!! :cp

Got a mate round and we drained the tank, stripped off the airbox and did our best to get it out of the fuel rail. Put it all back together with some fresh fuel (petrol this time) and after a dozen tries she started running with a tiny bit of throttle, but rough. Let it stay like that for a couple of mins after which it started to rev normally. Left it running on idle for a few mins, then went out for a quick test ride. All seems ok, but I was hoping for some input from you guys as to whether there could be problems on their way for me.

I do have the option of taking the steamer to the IOM, but i'd prefer to take the 800.

Cheers
Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

JayDub

It'll be fine, maybe a little smokey for a bit - I found that my steamer ran better after my little momentary lapse of consciousness, and a bit of upper cylinder lubrication as a bonus. :augie
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

GavD

Thanks John,

glad I'm not the only one!

Mo seemed to think it'd be ok, but I thought I'd ask the collective as well.

Now, where is that IOM :* :* :* :* :*
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Chris Canning

So long as you have got the motor running as diesel is heavier and sinks to the bottom you'll be fine just a bit of top end lubrication.

IOM?? Yea on the plane Wednesday afternoon and when your on the boat going over and moaning about the price it's cost us 500 quid for a 45 minute flight but it is return   :icon_rolleyes:

Stay safe my prefered choice of transport over there would be an armoured car as theirs always some muppet coming around the corner on your side of the road.

Chris Canning

Usual morons over hear who seem to have some kind of death wish and the weather ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous but this place is always an experience thats for sure.

Bigfeesh

I witnessed some diabolical riding whilst there last week at the Island, two up they were too! I was caught by some diabolical weather aswell!
Tiptop