News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 2001 coolant hose

Started by ChillMan, May 30, 2017, 02:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChillMan

Hi Tiger friends!

Where do I buy coolant hose T2102376? It is a "return hose" for a Tiger 955i 2001.

I live in Sweden but I am happy to buy from the UK or Germany, it doesn't matter so much.

A month ago I noticed leakage from a coolant hose. Engine off, no leakage. Engine on, slow leakage. I tried to tighten the clamp a bit, but then it started leaking even with the engine off.

Bike has now been in a local workshop for more than 3 weeks, and they didn't even start to look at it yet. Busy times.

My thinking is that I might save days or even weeks if I have this part ready when they finally can begin the work. The season is short in Sweden and I already missed many lovely days.

Timbox2

Same hose went on mine last year, I repaired it temporarily with some silicone hose tape as the hose had to come from factory. Try one above posted by Chris, its Item 33.

Or you could try the German Triumphworld site  https://www.triumphworld.de/
2016 Tiger Sport

ChillMan

Thank you!

It's not entirely clear to me, but it seems that the German site doesn't have a stock, but just orders parts from the UK?

Original Part Number: T2102376
Part Name: pipe, coolant, cylinder head/TSTAT (Details)
Classification: OEM - Original Triumph Parts from UK
* specially in th UK ordered spare part
* delivery and replacement of part number reserved
Please note, the specified delivery time may be expanded to several weeks when the spare part is not in stock in the UK.

On another note, according to the workshop one has to lift the tank up, in order to "air" the coolant system while filling up after fixing the hose. Wouldn't that be true also if one repairs temporarily with "hose tape"?

Timbox2

Quote from: ChillMan on May 30, 2017, 06:58:03 PM
Thank you!

It's not entirely clear to me, but it seems that the German site doesn't have a stock, but just orders parts from the UK?

Original Part Number: T2102376
Part Name: pipe, coolant, cylinder head/TSTAT (Details)
Classification: OEM - Original Triumph Parts from UK
* specially in th UK ordered spare part
* delivery and replacement of part number reserved
Please note, the specified delivery time may be expanded to several weeks when the spare part is not in stock in the UK.

On another note, according to the workshop one has to lift the tank up, in order to "air" the coolant system while filling up after fixing the hose. Wouldn't that be true also if one repairs temporarily with "hose tape"?

Yeah, you still have to lift the tank to refill/bleed the radiator but its not that big a deal once you've done it a few times. The secret to refilling Girly cooling systems is SLOWLY, and I mean SLOWLY. I repaired mine as I wanted to use the bike while waiting for the hose which took about a week I think.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: ChillMan on May 30, 2017, 06:58:03 PM

Always a bit unnerving when I see a post like this because if that is the subconscious thought then it should be left well alone.

The reality the most important part of lifting the tank is making sure there is little fuel in it because its a nightmare to physically lift,the actual process of me taking the Bagster tank cover off and panels off battery and box out and the two tank securing bolts took me exactly 6 minutes two weeks ago.

Re ordering the pipe I don't believe anyone will get it any quicker than going via World of Triumph,if it turns out there is a long wait and the dealer wants to work on the bike then I have a new one which I am prepared to post when yours comes post that to me.

On a separate note I've posted many times about a replacement pipe set and it looks as though the only solution for me to front the money for 10 sets!!! and I've been that route else where and the end result didn't make me very happy   :icon_evil:

ChillMan

That is so kind of you!!!

I would not attempt to do this myself... if for no other reason than lacking a place to do the work. Bike is parked outside my apartment. Add to that the lack of experience. BUT, I have a friend who can help me.

Tomorrow I'll see what the workshop plan is, and if it's still vague, I'll order the part and see where we are when it arrives!

ChillMan

Hose problem solved. Some humour in this:

It took the workshop about 6 weeks to realize they didn't have time to help me.  :nono

So they hired a consultant mechanic. Things started progressing... kind of...  :augie

He ordered the hose from a shop, who had to order it from the UK, where it was on back order.
After two weeks it arrived. But the wrong one. DOH
The correct one was immediately ordered with express from the UK. Good.
This one arrived one half hour too late to the shop, which closed early for Midsummer. GRRRRR
Then the mechanic told me he's suddenly leaving for ten days vacation.  :BangHead

OK, he gets back, puts the stuff together, coolant fluid etc and I asked him also to check valves and spark plugs and make sure it's safe to drive. He checks the valves but he said they were fine (I have the measurements if someone here can judge that), he puts new spark plugs, fixes some leaking air intake thing (I don't understand this) and "greased up" the switches for light/blinkers/etc.

This was finally after almost two months done and ready this week. Then I got the invoice of almost $1000 (in local currency).

Ehhhh.... I was happy just to get my "precious" back but wtf. lol

ChillMan

I should add that the weird issue that the blinkers only works 50% of the time REMAINS.