News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stranded.

Started by cba191, June 07, 2017, 07:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misterplant

Just a random thought-do you have an alarm fitted?

Chris Canning

Chris Canning

Quote from: Misterplant on June 10, 2017, 08:50:35 AM
Just a random thought-do you have an alarm fitted?

Not bloody likely  :icon_frown:

Misterplant

Not you Chris,lol,I was asking Cba about alarm.i vaguely remember some cases of alarm signals messing about,  notably on certain garage for courts.

cba191

No alarm. Just auxiliary lights and a hardwired GPS.  I upgraded the stator and rectifier a couple years ago, as well.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Misterplant

Not the alarm then lol.so...when you got it out and it started,did you hear the pump prime?  I'm still liking a dodgy wire connection.waggling the bars around loading and unloading could well have remade a connection.id try waggling the wiring to see if it replicates the problem.
Intermittent problems are the worse-you know its going to happen again but when?!
I've just done a major overhaul of my wiring as part of general electrical repairs and found quite a few corroded connections and a couple of nearly rubbed through wires,and your tiger is even older than mine,lol
Btw,I did a road trip 3or4 years back from salt lake going through Utah,Wyoming,Montana,Dakota etc.
I'd love to come back and do the canyons,you have a lovely slice of the world. :icon_biggrin:

cba191

I listened to the starter. I heard it prime, so tried it. It fired immediately. One thing I forgot to mention was the smell of gasoline when it was in the truck. It was pretty strong.

Timbox2

Quote from: cba191 on June 10, 2017, 10:48:53 PM
I listened to the starter. I heard it prime, so tried it. It fired immediately. One thing I forgot to mention was the smell of gasoline when it was in the truck. It was pretty strong.

You might want to check the fuel line couplings on the side of the tank
2016 Tiger Sport

Misterplant

Aha,timboxs suggestion is a sound one-check your couplings-I take it you've got rid of the plastic ones and got metal replacements?but another out there suggestion.blocked fuel cap venting/breather hose.
Just filled up with fuel,then nothing,but now ok,still could be an electrical fault,but I'm changing my bet.
I think a road test might be in order if you can't find anything else or feel brave.might take a few miles,but if it happens again,pop the cap to release the vacuum.should then restart and definitely point to the culprit. :nod

Misterplant

I forgot to say-if the couplings are ok,that's the clue.the smell of fuel iin the truck was the vacuum locked tank gradually forcing out vapour under pressure!

London_Phil

cba191

haven't had a chance to mess with it yet