News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain guard

Started by Misterplant, June 27, 2017, 10:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misterplant

Any one got a chain guard for a wire wheel 955 Girly? I've got a perfectly good hugger chainguard fitted,but I want to try lowering the bike and can't do that with the hugger :icon_confused:

mat-tiger1

Sorry, only just seen this. I fitted my 955I with a hugger before I px'd it for my Xcx, I'm sure the standard chain guard is still around somewhere.  :m
If I can dig it out you're welcome to it! Give me a day or two & I'll get back to you. :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Misterplant

Thanks for the offer Matt,but I think yours was an 05 cast wheel tiger? The wire wheel model has different chain guard mounting points...and Chris canning has one he has agreed to sell me.i don't want to upset him,but if yours is the right one AND free il be right there  :icon_lol:

mat-tiger1

No problems Misterplant.  :thumbsup I've attached a photo of the guard anyway (off-cut of decking optional extra. :icon_wink:)

I also have a pillion seat available if you needed one?  :m
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Chris Canning

Quote from: Misterplant on July 03, 2017, 07:35:46 PM
Thanks for the offer Matt,but I think yours was an 05 cast wheel tiger? The wire wheel model has different chain guard mounting points...and Chris canning has one he has agreed to sell me.i don't want to upset him,but if yours is the right one AND free il be right there  :icon_lol:

Don't worry about upsetting me 😀 if you can get a freebie good luck to you.

Misterplant

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on July 04, 2017, 12:26:38 PM
No problems Misterplant.  :thumbsup I've attached a photo of the guard anyway (off-cut of decking optional extra. :icon_wink:)

I also have a pillion seat available if you needed one?  :m
Thanks mat.ive compared yor chain guard pic to Chris's and there seem to be only minor differences.if I can be a pain in the wot sit,could you measure between front and rear mounting points?
I can check that against my swing arm and if the measure corresponds,then yes please,I'd like it.
:wings

mat-tiger1

No worries Misterplant. :thumbsup Here you go, mounting hole centres measure out at approximately 38cm (15") :icon_salut:

Misterplant

Well that's a bugger..I've measured and remeasured and can't make it any more than 35cm on  mine  :icon_confused: oh well,that's another small item of information that may come in handy to someone!
Thanks for your time and effort Matt...guess I'd better be extra nice to mr canning again  :icon_wink:

mat-tiger1

No problem Misterplant, happy to help!  :thumbsup
If anyone else out there in TT land wants the chain guard & pillion seat just let me know!  :icon_wink: