News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Exhaust heat shield and mounting bracket 955i

Started by Misterplant, June 27, 2017, 07:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misterplant

Sigh...on the cadge again..I found a tor can at a reasonable price,but no heat shield or mounting bracket.my oe silencer heat shield is riveted on-is that standard? And scraped anyway,so I'd rather leave it on my rusty standard can than drill it off if I can find a replacement.
The mounting bracket is pretty far gone-I can bend it by hand-so that's a definite replacement if anyone has one?   :icon_rolleyes:

Chris Canning

The heat shield is a drill it off and re-fit on the next pipe job.

Misterplant

Thanks for that Chris.id still like an undenied one if I can find one though  :thumbsup

Chris Canning

Misterplant

Chris Canning

40quid collected and don't offer me £39.99 cuz the answer is no   :icon_biggrin:

Where from junction 7 M6 literally.

Misterplant

Oooooh.... stretching the budget,but I appreciate the rummaging  :bowdown so ok.yes please if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks til I can get over your way.
No mounting bracket then? You've let me down  :augie

Chris Canning

It's that long since I ran a Triumph can I don't even know what your on about I'll have a look at the parts list I have a brand new original stock can that came with the bike that I never used even on day one so I have no idea what is in the box with it.

Chris Canning

Mounting bracket???? I have a brand new one so you better start saving!!!

JoeDirt

#12 is T2200241 and it sells for $20USD on this side of pond...

~JoeDirt

Chris Canning

Obviously Brutish humour is over your head  :icon_lol:

Misterplant

Lol at that :icon_razz:  it's good to know the parts cost is pretty much the same as over here.
Thanks joe :eusa_clap

Misterplant

So...quick update.tor can arrived and had a decent mounting bracket on it,so thanks,but I don't need one of them now.
As you do,even though I've got the bike up on the stand,with the top yoke off,trying to get the anti tamper bolts(that had been tampered with,lol),drilled out,had the pipe out of the box and on the bike in 5 minutes flat...as the dremel was out,took my old scratched up heat shield off,ground out the damage,prepped and painted black,which I quite like..and is free  :bad
Now on the bike,so don't need that now either.
BUT I'm still toying with lowering the old girl,so how much for just the chain guard Chris?
Ps apoligies for being an impatient tightwad and making do with my old bits!