News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wherever next?

Started by mat-tiger1, July 05, 2017, 10:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesprint05

Top of the morning to you all.

Back to the thread, would love to join you all again but I think I could only manage half of it. I think I would plan to travel to Dublin then meet you perhaps near Limerick for the Southern part of this plan, if that is what you plan to do.

Any idea what time of the year you thinking of?

I last visited Ireland some 12 years ago on a Blueprint, 2005! Now what does that tell you?

Best Regards and of. Course not too. Far away, compliments of the season.

Alan Wallington

Nick Calne

Bump - I suppose we need to think about this all over Christmas and report back.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

Christmas? Oh yes the excuse to eat too much and get drunk a lot. We just need to book it Nick, you know if you do folk will just sign up to do it, look what happened last time.......

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

mat-tiger1

Now that the festivities are all but done with, I think there may be a plan afoot! :icon_wink:

Would you like to add anything Nick??  :wave
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

Yup sorry Ivor.

A plan has been layed, incubated and hatched. And it has all the hall marks of our normal, shining brilliance and in depth pre-planning. No time has been wasted with banter about cheese & port, coffee stops or t shirts. None. At all. Totally professional us lot.  As ever we know little but this is what we do know...

Essentially, we are intending to be in Ireland between the dates of Sat 26th May and Sun 3rd June.  Exact days tbc when we know more about ferries and suchlike.  We won't be away for more than 5 days probably but you may wish to think about getting to the start and finish points. Probably a days ride for most of us.  Should only take 4 days annual leave as the late May bank holiday falls in this week.

We have a proposed route.... Get to Cairnryan in Scotland for a deep fried mars bar, make the crossing to Belfast, Giants Causeway, across to Castle Bar, drop down the West Coast taking in this and that, around the fancy, frilly bits at the bottom and up Rosslare for the ferry to Fishguard.  Fish and chips in Wales then all go home.

The route is paced to be quite relaxed allowing people to do some investigation of the area, some deviation and of course the indulgement of our beloved Mr Stenhouse's frequent coffee stop requirements. Generally about 150-200 miles a day before detours allowing us time to investigate the Emerald Isle's attractions and landmarks Generally terminating in a public house each day.  Accommodation will probably be in buildings, not tents... too wet in Ireland for camping!

Takers currently include the following:

John Stenhouse
Mat Tiger
Sin Tiger
Bixxer Bob
London Phil
Geoff W
Me

Spud is also giving it some serious thought.

Regulars who have currently ruled themselves out are Timbox2, Jaydub, Blacktiger and Threepot though I hope they do reconsider! C'mon guys!  :m :friday

Any one else interested?

Other stuff:

You will need waterproofs.

Not necessarily going on tigers, ride what you like.

Based on the France trip some of us did last year it will cost about £750 for everything.

Sin tiger is going to look at group bookings via an agent in the next few days so please let me or him know asap if you fancy volunteering to join this exciting mission!

Nick Calne

Alan (and anyone else!) if you remain interested pm me a mobile number and I will add you to the whatsapp group chat.

John Stenhouse

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 02, 2018, 10:25:15 PM
Alan (and anyone else!) if you remain interested pm me a mobile number and I will add you to the whatsapp group chat.

Be afraid, very afraid. No that's not fair, just be ready for monumental levels of off topic shenanigans! How did T rex mate? That's the current burning question
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JayDub

QuoteHow did T rex mate? That's the current burning question
well, Marc Bolan & Mickey Finn......

mat-tiger1

Excellent round up Mr C!  :eusa_clap Far more patience than I to read through & decant the Whatsapp shenanigans!  :icon_scratch:
Anyways as Nick said, stuff is happening, so let us know if the planets are in alignment & if anyone else is interested?  :^_^
Who knows, this could well be the 1st International TT trip? :icon_eek: So definitely not one to be missed!  :thumbsup
And as an added bonus, we may even find out how the great T Rex mated? (Rather unsuccessfully by all accounts! :*&*)
P.S. I guess this little adventure deserves it's own thread by now Mr Moderator?  :^_^
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on January 03, 2018, 12:17:38 AM
And as an added bonus, we may even find out how the great T Rex mated? (Rather unsuccessfully by all accounts! :*&*)

Yeah, they only managed it for 100 million years
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bluesprint05

Hi Guys

Looks like Nick has been working hard.

I was hoping to join you all for the Southern part of this trip but regrettably it will clash with another trip we have planned.

Anyway I will watch this thread incase anything changes.

Looking forward to seeing you all again, sometime.

Best Regards

Alan Wallington

Nick Calne

Sorry to hear that Allan, next time though!

For those us that can make it.....

Just had a good chat with Sin Tiger regarding the route and the basic proposal for accommodation stops is as follows:

Day 0 - 26th May Sat
Get to Cairnryan from your home.  Accommodation tbc.

Day 1 - 27th May Sun
Cairnryan early ferry to Belfast for lunchtime, then up towards Port Rush on the North Coast.

Day 2 - 28th May Mon
Port Rush to Sligo

Day 3 - 29th May Tues
Sligo to Castlebar

Day 4 - 30th May Weds
Castlebar to Galway

Day 5 - 31st May Thu
Galway to Tralee

Day 6 - 1st June Fri
Tralee to Cork

Day 7 - 2nd June Sat
Cork to Rosslare to Fishguard

Day 8 - 3rd June Sun
Fishguard to Home

5 working days away and time to get home too.  (OK Geoff?)
4 days annual leave as there is a bank hol in the mix.
No long days
Plenty of time to ride around and investigate stuff and routes

Sintiger is trying to get an agent to arrange the bookings, so if you have any comments then please speak up asap.

N

aesdj

Not been to a Tiger meet for the last couple of years and was definatly coming to this years but the Ireland trips not possiable for me (gutted, always wanted to go to Ireland). So for those that carnt make this is there plans to be the usual weekend meet?

blacktiger

Quote from: aesdj on January 06, 2018, 07:58:20 PM
So for those that can't make this is there plans to be the usual weekend meet?

Yeah Jason, long time no see. I hope so. Did you have somewhere in mind?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

Hi Jason, good to hear from you, hope you're well. If there's an appetite for the more usual get together I don't see why not. I'm sure there'll be plenty of interested parties that can't make Ireland for caius reasons. Perhaps starting a new thread would be worthwhile.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint