News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cases all split

Started by ssevy, July 17, 2017, 08:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Search Ssevy's ride reports and you'll know why he lavishes attention on the bike  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tonytiger

ssevy

This thread is deceiving, as it makes my Tiger sound like a PIA, which it is not. This wound was self-inflicted, and had I not buggered the bearing, I am sure that none of this would have been necessary for many, many more miles. I like to ride long distances, and have always done so with no worries on this bike, and I am sure that once she is all back together again, there will be many more miles to enjoy. Don't let my experience scare you off :icon_wink:

A few more random thoughts:
1- The Steamer is my favorite looking bike of all time. It looks capable of anything. I was incredibly lucky to find this '95 only 60 miles away with 17,000 miles on it and for only $2500.
2- I would not swap it for a new model, as it is old school in design, and I can work on it (with help from the collective here :icon_redface:)
3- The Shinko tires work fantastic on this bike, and are cheap as shit to run.
4- I have my Tiger modded and accessorized exactly as I want and need it, and it serves its role as long distance back road touring platform perfectly.
5- When you enjoy years without any monthly bike payments, having to invest some capital into it on occasion is inconvenient, but not a deal breaker. I can still remember spending big bucks fixing cars while still paying monthly payments on them :icon_cry:
6- I enjoy riding something unique. Aside from Mustang's herd, I have seen only one other Steamer on the road.
7- Lastly, this bike is 22 years old. Shit may happen, but with my toolkit and the wizards on this forum, I fear nothing :icon_mrgreen:
I may not be big, but I'm slow.