News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Loose connector?

Started by t4tiger, October 08, 2017, 09:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t4tiger

Hi, found this loose connector under battery tray.  Any thoughts on what it is? Many thanks

JayDub

It looks like it been in use before, but if the bike is running well and everything works (-?) then don't worry about it.   There are various connectors which were part of the standard wiring loom, but intended for other export countries,  and therefore redundant in this country.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

t4tiger

Thanks for that jaydub.  Only thing I'm working on is lumpiness at idle so I doubt this is related to that.  Working through the options in the various threads.  So much great info and experience.😊

JayDub

No prob, I think Bixxer or Timbox would be more useful re the lumpy running, I have little knowledge or experience of EFI... maybe the connector does have something to do with it?  :^_^  I thought they would have noticed this thread, but try a PM.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Timbox2

Did see the thread but didnt really have any thoughts. Only connectors that I can think of that look anything like that in that area go to the solenoid, so unless it wont turn over its unlikely. Lumpy running could be so many things. Tune ECU is your best bet might show up a dodgy coil, but then it could be valve clearances, fuel filter, battery, idle valve hoses.........................

Just another thought, its not a million miles away from the rear brake light switch
2016 Tiger Sport

VABird

What color are the wires to the connector? May be traceable from the schematic with the colors.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Bixxer Bob

I didn't jump in because I didn't recognise it and don't have a Girly to check anymore.

The first place to look regarding the lumpy idle is the IACV hoses.  Check the hoses for leaks.  Assuming they are good (and even if they aren't, once you've fixed them) the next thing to do is balance the throttle bodies.  They go out of tune really easily and are the best treat you can give your Girly.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

:iagree  Just remembered the last Girly I got last year had a series of splits in one of the IACV hoses and was causing havoc with the idle..................

2016 Tiger Sport

t4tiger

I've replaced all the hoses, the rubber boots between tb's and airbox, and balanced tb's which were very good.  This seems to have made a positive difference but it's still lumpy off throttle IE, dawdling in traffic in 1st.  On throttle it's stunning.  I've just attached tuneecu android but have no idea what all the info means.  I'm reading all the threads and watching u tube.  I'll get there.  Thanks for the input

Timbox2

Quote from: t4tiger on October 20, 2017, 09:30:10 AM
I've replaced all the hoses, the rubber boots between tb's and airbox, and balanced tb's which were very good.  This seems to have made a positive difference but it's still lumpy off throttle IE, dawdling in traffic in 1st.  On throttle it's stunning.  I've just attached tuneecu android but have no idea what all the info means.  I'm reading all the threads and watching u tube.  I'll get there.  Thanks for the input

Maybe just try blowing a new map in then, a couple of times I did this with mine and it sorted things right out, resets all the trims etc
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...