News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MOT?

Started by tonytiger, July 22, 2017, 12:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonytiger

Having stripped cleaned rebuilt carbs cleaned sealed petrol tank,
Resprayed fuel tank after swelling and bubbling paint, all nice and shiny
MOT booked 11.00 this morning.
Nice new shiny Triumph jacket on rode off. Bottom of the street turned round came
back home bike spluttering  :icon_mad:I think problem is me not letting bike warm up
before I pull away. Never mind try again next week.

Sin_Tiger

I try to go for a ride an hour or two before my booking. Let's everything get settled before handing it over or turning around and going home  :BangHead .
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tonytiger

Right you are :5moped I just fancied a lie in

tonytiger

MOT part 2 left the house ignored splutter got onto A19 spluttered less eased throttle kept
bike at steady speed, by the time I got to test station compleatly splutterles (if thats a word?). Must be honest its bike I,ve come to Hate with a capital H one fix after fix. I used to have hair and a bank account. Still quite proud of it after test. Cannot live with them cannot live without them as they say. :5moped

London_Phil

Quote from: tonytiger on July 29, 2017, 06:42:38 PM
MOT part 2 left the house ignored splutter got onto A19 spluttered less eased throttle kept
bike at steady speed, by the time I got to test station compleatly splutterles (if thats a word?). Must be honest its bike I,ve come to Hate with a capital H one fix after fix. I used to have hair and a bank account. Still quite proud of it after test. Cannot live with them cannot live without them as they say. :5moped

And the above is why I finally went FI, miss the Steamer until I go to the garage after a fortnight and the XC fires up and ticks over, every time...

Sin_Tiger

I think we definitely need to add "Spluterless" to the Steamer lexicon  :icon_study: I think part of the joy of them is when they ride like they should, all past transgressions are quickly forgotten  :*
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tonytiger

Two t s, one s.  :5moped

tonytiger

Hello sorry for delay, [its vexing when people don't finish tread] bike passed MOT been riden it seams to be behaving itself apart from gear peg coming loose. my bag as the young folk say I forgot to clean and grease pivots. :5moped