News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer 93-98 internal muffler OEM scheme

Started by ioangiogr, August 07, 2017, 11:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ioangiogr

Hello Steamers!
Today I opened the muffler of the exhaust because it is rusty and I have to make a new one.
So I found the opportunity to create a plan for those who want to follow the factory version.

Nick Calne

Excellent. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ssevy

It would be interesting to see how a TOR silencer's innards compares?
When I recently removed my silencers to pull my engine, I was amazed at how heavy they were!  Maybe mine used cast iron sewer pipe inside? :icon_wink:
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

Well done Sir  :notworthy

Can I ask how you opened it. I've had one on the bench for a while with the intention of using a hole saw to cut the end cap, seeing this now makes me wonder if that surgery would be of any benefit.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ioangiogr

It's easy to open!
Cut the back flange with a dremel or screwdrive, after look at the side of muffler the 4 weld points (there is welded the diaphragm) drilled!
At last cut from the inlet side the welding line. (At the big tube)

Nick Calne

Amazing to think that was all pristine, shiny, new metal once...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Excellent, well done  :notworthy Thanks for the detailed photos.

I was thinking about using a hole saw to cut out the end plate so that I could weld it back after repairs. I'll add to toys thread when I get around to doing it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint