News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Petrol smell

Started by daveb, August 05, 2017, 04:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

The to get had been left standing for a few weeks due to holidays, there was a stong smell, of fuel, couldn't trace it bike ran fine as j thought running rich.

Removed the rank today, so the investigation began, one of the fuel fixings under the tank failed, so much so, a part of  hex head fell off.

Good old Fowlers gave them in stock plus the sealing washer and carriage approx £12.

Tiger-G

You p!ssed when you wrote that Dave ??  :friday
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

VABird

And I just thought that was Welsh for:

"The Tiger had been left standing for a few weeks due to holidays. There was a strong smell, of fuel, and I couldn't trace it. The bike ran fine so I thought it was just running rich.

I removed the tank today, so the investigation began. One of the fuel fixings under the tank failed, so much so, a part of my head fell off. (Better call 9-1-1)

Good old Fowler's; including the sealing washer and part, they charged me about £12."

:mut
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

daveb

:friday high on fuel fumes, plus fat fingers on typing on my tablet.

Chris Canning

Who the hell puts a plastic one back in  :bug_eye

daveb

I ordered metal ones, the same I am taking out.

Chris Canning

First broken female stainless  :icon_eek:

Timbox2

Im curious about the sealing washer?
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

The new metal fixing arrived also the sealing washer (rubber).

daveb

No wonder it was leaking fuel

PeteH

So was the old fitting ally?
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Timbox2

Ahhh, now it makes sense, think both me and Chris thought you were talking about the Q/R connectors for the fuel feed
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

Quote from: PeteH on August 08, 2017, 08:32:07 PM
So was the old fitting ally?

Yep, guess it's just corroded through

Quote from: Timbox2 on August 08, 2017, 08:41:44 PM
Ahhh, now it makes sense, think both me and Chris thought you were talking about the Q/R connectors for the fuel feed

Though you were, but was unsure

Just wondering should I change the other 3